This role sits within Bicycle’s Account & Planning team, supporting MX Account Managers and Business Directors. This team build relationships with our clients, get under the skin of their brands, coordinate all projects and campaigns, and design Media Experience frameworks for advertisers’ communications.
The role will report to an Account Manager. Clients are to be confirmed, but will be 3-4 brands across a mix of advertiser verticals, likely including gambling, food and alcohol.
We need a bright, enthusiastic, proactive, ambitious individual who’s keen to build a career in the world of marketing and advertising, and would thrive in an integrated, fast-growth environment where they’d have relatively close contact with Board-level colleagues and senior clients.
This role is based in our Farringdon office about 4 days a week.
- Schedule, coordinate and attend all client planning, status and reporting meetings, virtually and face to face. Take notes and ensure agreed actions are recorded and followed up. Support the Account Manager with coordination and communication, maintaining organised, accurate documentation of plans, reports, and other resources.
- Research your client’s market, competitors and target audience using various industry tools, as well as news and social media. Ensure this data you gather is well organised and up to date.
- Help to design best in class media experiences across traditional paid media and digital channels, together with the activation teams. Maintain a detailed, up to date knowledge of all your client’s media plans, and proactively speak to your team to understand the rationale behind them.
- With guidance, organise and attend your training to develop a thorough understanding of media agency operations, account management processes and planning principles, with organisations such as the IPA, Google and Thinkbox, as well as internal inductions. Spend time with key media owners to understand their products, and proactively consume advertising industry news to maintain a knowledge of the evolving landscape.
- Attend and contribute to idea generation sessions, using the industry knowledge you’ve acquired to date as well as your own observations of societal and cultural trends to assist strategic development and communications design.
- Liaise with the creative/production specialists - you know exactly which creatives have been delivered and when, and flag any potential delays with relevant stakeholders. You collate and share in situ campaign imagery and proof of posting.
- Perform timely and accurate account billing and administration. Proactively manage payment and booking deadlines, and work with the Account Manager and Bicycle’s finance team to keep payments and cash flow on track.
- Monitor campaign reporting, regularly speak with all activation specialists and understand optimisations. Develop a detailed knowledge of your campaigns’ performance trends and the definitions of and relationship between KPIs across all traditional and digital channels.
- Enthusiastically input into wider agency projects to continually enhance our profile, productivity and culture. Act as an ambassador for Bicycle.
Essential skills & experience:
- A proven interest in the world of advertising, marketing and media
- Able to confidently build relationships with clients, colleagues and partners - some experience of customer service may be useful
- Good general knowledge - you pay attention to the news and cultural trends
- Good knowledge of either Microsoft or Google Office Suite (Sheets, Excel, PPT etc)
- Analytical, numerate and commercially-minded
- Collaborative and great team player, though also able to think independently and proactively seek solutions
- An excellent multi-tasker, exceptionally well-organised, outstanding attention to detail
- A fast-thinking problem-solver, undeterred by unexpected change
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Always proactive, inquisitive and positive
- A passion for brands, communications and creativity
- Ideally, some involvement in social and/or advertising campaigns, and understanding or media metrics and principles
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter detailing why you're interested in Bicycle and this role, and what makes you a great fit for the position.
Flexible, extensive benefits post probation. These include:
Cycle to work scheme (of course)
Two additional days of holiday per year for volunteering
Additional holiday for every full year as an employee
Annual away day & monthly socials
Free Audible membership
Private healthcare, death in service, pension
Personal development fund to explore your passions and hobbies
Annual performance-based bonus scheme of up to 8.3% of salary, relative to time at Bicycle
Founded by four people in June 2021 who believed that a better type of agency wasn’t just possible, but needed, from a standing start we are now 35 strong and one of the fastest growing agencies in the world. We already count LiveScore, Carwow, Virgin Bet, OFX, Sarson’s, Zenb, ANNA Money, CVH Spirits, Tate & Lyle, Kroo, Royal British Legion, Branston Pickle, Movember, Moju and Estrid amongst our clients.
We won The Drum’s Global Startup of the Year Award in 2022, and were shortlisted for Campaign’s Startup of the Year Award. Training and development is core to the growth of the agency, and we are already IPA CPD Gold accredited, and were highly commended for The Drum’s Best Places To Work in 2023, and gained our B Corp status in 2023 too.
We now proudly offer a full service media and creative solution to our clients. We’re built on the power of ‘and’; creative AND media, brand AND performance, art AND science, data AND creativity, man AND machine.
Our headquarters are in Clerkenwell, London and we have fully global capabilities in-house. We’re home to intelligent people who want to create incredible work on interesting brands. We are 100% independent, with no external investment whatsoever.
To leave the industry better than we found it. To create famous and impactful work that you want to tell your mum about. To make a living and have fun doing it.
Balance - We…
Know there is more to life than work
Embrace diversity, equality and mental wellbeing
Play to our individual and collective strengths
Momentum - We…
Always move forwards as people, as teams and as an organisation
Have a positive, inquisitive and can-do attitude
We’re powered by passion and enjoyment in what we do
Freedom - We…
Create the space to make and respect the right decisions for our clients, always
We’re honest and open, and have the confidence to say it how it is
We’re each the master of their own destiny