An opportunity has arisen for a Client Director to join our brand and creative
We’re looking for an experienced, ambitious and dynamic Client Director with a
broad range of skills, developed from time spent in a variety of sectors, potentially including education, charity and B2B sectors.
You will be the key point of contact for some major clients and high-profile projects – both digital and offline – and will be vital in developing client relationships and finding ways to add value. You will report into our Head of Client Partnerships.
If your clients love your proactive approach, and you are looking for a place to put your skills to good use and grow strategically, this is the right opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities include:
Client ownership and growth
- Proactive management of your clients to grow and develop your accounts.
- Day-to-day direction of a number of key accounts and involvement in others.
- Identifying opportunities to add value for the client and for the agency.
- Providing strategic insight on your clients to inform creative ideas.
- Budgetary control and management including forecasting and reporting.
- Getting to know your clients really well, spotting opportunities to add value to their business and grow the account within the agency.
- Creating and maintaining Client Development Plans for your key clients and proactively leading the drive to hitting financial targets.
- Creating and maintaining Contact Plans with your key clients and taking
opportunities to spend as much face-to-face time with your clients as possible.
- Possible line management of a Client Manager.
- Team support and guidance as 2IC to the Head of Client Partnerships.
- Leading by example in all that you do as a senior member of the team.
Account and project management
- Attending and leading all key meetings, both with clients and internally.
- Clarifying briefs with clients and developing the creative brief for our internal team, working with Strategy to define the proposition/core idea, briefing creative and presenting to clients.
- Exceeding clients’ expectations, delivering projects on brief, on time and on budget, and surprising and delighting your clients with added value.
- Being an integral part of the creative and strategic output, progressing the
project through the various stages from briefing to delivery.
- Creating estimates, timelines, purchase orders, proposals, project reviews, content structures and all documents as required to keep moving along.
- Working with external suppliers to produce both on and offline
communications, including video, digital technology providers and printers.
- Managing issue resolution calmly.
Beyond the day-to-day
- Sometimes co-leading New Business pitches and tenders.
- Contributing to every aspect of agency life at psLondon, including participation in Friday ‘Beer o’clock’, Away days, Show & Tells and more.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, organised and passionate person who is willing to tackle demanding tasks and takes responsibility for actions.
- You are proactive and optimistic – you will lead your accounts with infectious energy, always looking for ways to enhance your relationships and projects and going above and beyond.
- Someone who understands the principles of communication across a wide
range of on and offline channels.
- You have an ability to develop relationships with clients; spot opportunities to add value and build trust.
- You will be a strategic thinker who can work with colleagues to create clear action plans with realistic timescales.
- You are confident in your presentation, recommendations and ideas – earning trust and reassurance from your clients.
- You need to have the ability to quickly grasp business issues and work well under deadlines, whilst having clear ownership and responsibility.
Skills/experience you’ll need
- Minimum 6 years’ working in an integrated creative marketing
or design agency.
- Ideally education, B2B and charity sector experience, or similar.
- University degree ideally (though not compulsory) with excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of directing on and offline activities and
campaigns across multiple channels, including film.
- Ideally you will have led multi-agency relationships and be used to dealing with senior level client relationships.
- Experience of commercial reporting across all aspects of your accounts.
- Ability to demonstrate the value brought to clients’ businesses through positive ROI and ongoing growth of accounts.
- Experience in managing and developing members of the team.
- The ability to form strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Very organised and comfortable under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good creative judgment.
- Broad consumer and business interest and awareness.
- Comfortable working in a small and energetic team, as well as on your own.
psLondon is a brand and creative consultancy that creates new exciting futures through brand differentiation and creative excellence for ambitious organisations around the world. We’re 13 years old and we’re a team of x16 talented people – Creatives, Strategists and Client Services. We work on strategic, brand development and creative projects across a wide channel mix and for many industry sectors, including Education, Automotive, FinTech, B2C and Charity.
We are passionate about what we do and we have lots of fun doing it.
We seek out opportunities to work very closely with clients at all levels as we believe that collaboration is the key to success, and it makes for more enjoyable and longer-term working relationships.
We work with Nutmeg, Bottomline Technologies, King’s College London, Jaguar Land Rover, University College London, RNID, Point A Hotels, Place2Be (childrens’
mental wellbeing charity), Alzheimer’s Society/ARUK and many more.