Do you live and breathe data? Do you enjoy agency culture and multi-client focussed workload?
Would you like to work for a leading independent media agency? If you answered yes to these
questions, the role of Data and Insights Manager at the Media Agency Group may be for you!
As a full scale media agency, our core focus has always been to ‘connect brands with their
target audiences.’ You should have hands-on experience within a previous data role. In joining
this newly formulated department, you will play a pivotal role in developing the new department
whilst assisting in providing our clients with the backing that they require.
What your day to day will look like as Data and Insights Manager:
- You will be to a be a champion for all things data with various business partners across
media, digital, client services, procurement and sales
- Managing the demand and supply planning and prioritisation of projects within the data
delivery team to ensure team focus is aligned to business needs
- Lead on the analysis, driving the project forward while adhering to methodologies and
- With the Head of Department, take a brief, and then make a recommendation for the
best way to provide data driven solutions
- Post campaign, managing and supporting input into quarterly and annual reports to lead
data and insight recommendations to department teams
- Use core tools such as, AdIntel, Adalyser, Data Studio and customer profiling platforms
to seamlessly execute briefs and post campaign insight and analysis
- Have your finger on the pulse for Insights shared across sector and industry to share
with wider department teams
- With the Head of Department and wider departments, ensure delivery of projects
demonstrate how advanced data techniques can be used to drive revenue. This work will
likely involve some hands-on analytics / data on your part
What are we looking for in you:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- All round interest in the media industry (from media owners to industry knowledge and
trends) and a willingness to share opinion on key relevant articles/news pieces
- Confident in your own ability to make decisions in order to work independently, and read
- A highly numerate and analytical mind
- Experience of running projects focused on data analytics activities is beneficial
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong excel skills with experience in multi-workbook formula development, dynamic
formula construction and nested formula experience
- Be a strong self-organiser with high attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and prioritise, work under pressure, and enjoy being challenged
- Raise the bar for the entire data function through best practice, tooling, and automation
- Media agency experience
- Experience in media and digital planning and optimisation
- Experience in media plan building for all ABL activities
- Experience in Programmatic
- Understand and have the ability to implement modelling and testing techniques e.g. A/B
testing, regression modelling, clustering & classification techniques
Starting salary of £32,000 per annum
- 20 Days annual leave, increasing holiday allowance connected to length of service (with the
option to buy more)
- The perfect mix of flexible working 3 days in office, 2 days at home
- Company pension
- Parental Leave and return to work scheme
- Office Drink Fridges
- Company Socials
Media Agency Group Ltd
MAG are an ever-growing, award winning media agency (Large Media Agency of the Year,
thank you very much!), who create campaigns that connect brands with their target audiences.
We love the freedom that comes with being an independent agency and have carved an open
and honest culture with our clients and amongst our team.
Brands enjoy working with us because of our media knowledge, our passion, our achievements
and above all our service. We guide clients through the evolving media world and create
insightful marketing plans and campaigns that meet budgets and expectations.
Start-up or global brand. We have time for everyone.
MAG Team Culture
We’re a family here at Media Agency Group and as well as creating amazing campaigns for our
clients, we pride ourselves on looking after our talent; as without them we wouldn’t be able to
produce the outstanding work we do. Each employee has a personal and professional
development plan, undertaking training courses relevant to their job role and we encourage
them to be the best version of themselves.
We continually look for like-minded team players who embrace the MAG culture - blending
creativity and integrity with endless passion and of course, fun! Our talent, whatever level, are
individually respected and given the guidance and tools to reach their top potential in a client
We work hard, but make sure we have time to socialise and revitalise.
Golf days, film nights, after work drinks, table top football competitions, we incorporate
something to suit everyone’s taste buds.