We are looking for designers who are multifaceted, with experience of art direction, crafting branding identities and content. You have a working knowledge of the advertising and marketing industry and previous studio/agency experience. You will be internet and Gen-Z literate, in touch with the latest innovations, trends and tools. You will be both conceptual and visual, bursting with ideas and dynamic references at your fingertips.
You will report into the Creative Lead, and be supported by our Design Project Manager and Junior Designers that come into the business. Your role may vary depending on the project size and the weighting of requirements.
You will be responsible for:
– You will lead design output within the agency from research, ideation to completion, ensuring that all projects are delivered to brief and on budget. ‘Output’ is loosely defined as branding, content or/and website design
– anything from developing BVIs and campaign tool kits to including scamps, mock-ups, moodboards within the design process
– Really owning the brief, being a part of project kick-offs, ensuring you’re adhering to a streamlined feedback and check in process.
– Understanding, educating and constantly referring to our clients business problem, any creative guidelines and feedback to keep things on the right path
– Setting a clear direction for yourself/a design team, setting priorities and goals and being fully responsive with and receptive to feedback to keep projects moving on schedule
– You will work collaboratively with our wonderful Design Project Manager on the practical side, creating quotes, budgets and timelines. She will act as a bridge between yourself and clients/project stakeholders
– You will build and nurture a network of freelance design and creative talent that we collaborate with on projects (i.e motion graphics, illustration, animation, website design and development)
– You will help develop talent in the business, working closely with any future junior design hires to mentor and inspire them across all aspects of the design process, developing their skills and to challenging their ideas
– QA all work from third parties before sharing to the business or client, you will need sharp attention to detail
– Continually expand your skills and knowledge base through courses and personal learning. Attending relevant key industry talks and seminars, presenting information back to the team
– Working with the Leadership Team to ensure that our design services are leading edge and ahead of competition in the way in which we do things, or the tools which we use
– Risk and damage management, flagging to your line manager any concerns to avoid inefficiencies or compromised quality, in the event of problems you will manage the solution
Contributing to proactive new business ideas and outreach, and bringing these to life with our Partnerships Director
– 4+ years in a design role, ideally working with an agency across/for multiple projects/stakeholders
– Graphic Design degree
Previous experience crafting brand identities and guidelines
– Process driven, able to challenge the process and suggest best way of working to get the best output.
– Ensure a collaborative approach within the team with a strong focus on communication, this means understanding the communication requirements of all team members
– Detail oriented, self-motivated and highly organised
– Ability to take on board and apply constructive feedback and where relevant to challenge with reason and solution
– A holistic and relentlessly imaginative approach to every brief
– A sociable team player who can work very collaboratively internally and with new/unfamiliar teams
– You are highly visual with incredible presentation and communication skills
– We are proud of our productive and supportive culture internally and externally, so you are personable and treat clients and colleagues as friends
– We are looking for a Designer who doesn’t just have a voyeuristic view of the world, and the key cultures and subcultures we engage and represent
– they will be part of them
– No job is too big or too small you will be happy to get hands on in a small agency environment, and be collaborative with all levels
The Digital Fairy is a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage anyone who fits the spec to apply. Out of lockdown we operate on a flexible WFH/office model, our offices have lift access, however, any other reasonable adjustments and accommodations will be made for successful candidates.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio of work, CV and why you think you might be the right fit for this job. Please address the subject of the email ‘ Designer’
The Digital Fairy
The Digital Fairy are on a talent search looking to build our creative team and super power our services. We are looking for innovators and visionaries who want work with brands leading and disrupting the creative industries
The Digital Fairy is a full service creative marketing studio working for brands connecting them to youth and digital culture. Fairy Studios is our production division in the agency which comes after Fairy Futures (Strategy and Art Direction) and before Fairy Networks (Digital Marketing). It’s an executional division creating multidisciplinary work spanning from events, campaigns, content, design and websites. Fairy Studios has built credibility with clients from adidas, Ariana Grande, Space NK, Lil Miquela, REN Skincare, Estee Lauder and Bleach London. We are looking for a talented mid-weight/senior designer to join our team, and drive forward our visual communication and creative excellence.