A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Client Manager to join our brand and creative consultancy.
We’re looking for an experienced SCM/SAM, or an ambitious CM/AM who’s
looking to take the next step in their career. This is an ideal role for a confident,
proactive, self-starter who can take the initiative and hit the ground running
across a number of projects and clients.
You will be the key point of contact for a number of high-profile projects, digital
and offline, and will be vital in maintaining excellent client relationships.
Our ideal candidate will relish opportunities to think strategically about their
clients’ big challenges and also feel comfortable with delivering the day-to-day
projects that keep things ticking along.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactive management of your clients to grow and develop the accounts,
working with either the Client Director or Head of Client Partnerships.
- Day to day management of accounts, delivering projects on time
and on budget.
- Taking briefs from clients and developing the creative brief for our internal
team, working with Strategy to define the proposition/core idea, briefing
creative and presenting to clients.
- Managing clients’ expectations, keeping them and our team updated on the progress of projects, creating estimates, timing plans and writing up contact reports and agreed actions post meetings.
- Managing budgets, timelines and delivery of digital and offline projects.
- Working with senior members of the team across a number of clients.
- Identifying opportunities to add value for the client and for the agency.
Project management (digital and offline)
- Progressing projects through the various stages from briefing to final output
- Working with clients one-on-one or via workshops to understand client needs and clearly translating these requirements into written, internal briefs and client documentation.
- Liaising with external partners e.g developers to create project scope documents that include functional and technical specifications, create wireframes and user journeys; and sourcing/overseeing printers or copywriters.
- Creating project communications, preparing status reports and conducting internal and external status meetings to ensure effective issue resolution and quality project delivery.
- Attending and running client meetings with multiple stakeholders to monitor and escalate project risks, obtaining client feedback, propose modifications to deliverables and processes to ensure client satisfaction.
- Developing detailed project plans, tracking project milestones and monitoring progress and spend.
Who you are
- A highly motivated, organised and passionate person who is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take responsibility for actions.
- You must excel at managing delivery, with a keen ability to define team and project objectives, including expectations and deadlines, and monitor the progress of your projects against targets.
- You will use your excellent oral and written communication skills to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders on your projects. You will be a good listener, but also highly persuasive, using facts, clear arguments and personal conviction to influence and persuade others.
- You will be a strategic thinker who can work with colleagues to create clear action plans with realistic timescales.
- You need to have the ability to quickly grasp business issues and work well under deadlines, whilst having a sense of ownership and responsibility for deliverables.
- You will have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment whilst retaining a focus on high quality output.
- You will appreciate the benefits that a smaller agency culture brings.
Skills/experience you’ll need
- 3+ years' agency/marketing, project or account management experience,
education sector experience would be a bonus but not mandatory.
- Some experience of digital design, UX and technology a bonus, along with a desire to keep up with new developments in the digital space (again, not mandatory).
- Experience of identifying project needs and creating project documentation for online and offline projects.
- University degree ideally (though not compulsory) with excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
psLondon is a brand and creative consultancy that creates new exciting futures through brand differentiation and creative excellence for ambitious organisations around the world. We’re 13 years old and we’re a team of x22 talented people – Creatives, Strategists, Client Services and Motion Graphics.
We work on strategic, brand development and creative projects across a wide channel mix and for many industry sectors, including Education, Fintech, B2C and Charity.
We are passionate about what we do and we have lots of fun doing it.
We seek out opportunities to work very closely with clients at all levels as we believe that collaboration is the key to success, and it makes for more enjoyable and longer-term working relationships.
We work with University College London, Bottomline Technologies, King’s College London, University of East Anglia, Point A Hotels, Nutmeg, Place2Be
(childrens’ mental wellbeing charity), Alzheimer’s Society/ARUK and many more.