What are we looking for?
Can you juggle multiple projects and clients better than a circus performer? Is solving head-scratcher problems your bread and butter? Do SEO audits, link building and checking out how the SERPs sound like your idea of a bl**dy great night in?
If you answered ‘yes’ and love all things SEO more than you love anything else, you’re exactly what we’ve been searching for. In all seriousness, we need someone with truly great SEO strategic knowledge and experience, who knows how to create organic search marketing strategies and implementations for clients. The kind of person who has out of this world attention to detail and loves keeping up to date with the latest SEO news, tactics and the usual, sometimes painful, Google algorithm updates.
Someone who loves all things SEO (of course): you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Performance with planning, implementing and managing SEO strategies for a varied client base. You’ll join our small but mighty, growing digital marketing team and work collaboratively across the agency with various teams/departments.
Day to day you’ll be proactively carrying out a variety of activities including: technical SEO audits, developing tactics to support strategies, optimising and creating search engine friendly content, exploring and building high quality links to our clients websites and reporting on your successes to our clients.
If you’re ‘the chosen one’, you’ll be up for running workshops, conducting every type of research under the sun and writing reports to show off your dazzling results. A big part of the role is collaborating with people – whether that’s colleagues, clients or third parties (not the balloons and cake kind). You’ll mainly work alongside our Paid Digital Media Manager and Digital Marketing Executive and will report to the Head of Performance.
As SEO Manager you’ll be responsible for planning, implementing and managing SEO strategy for a variety of clients, across a multitude of industry sectors.
• 3+ years SEO experience
• Ideally have an agency experience background or can evidence strong management of multiple projects at any one time
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Successful SEO strategy implementation experience and able to demonstrate this
• In-depth knowledge of advanced SEO software (aHrefs, Semrush etc.)
• Technical, onsite and external SEO experience a must
• Web analytics, digital marketing and business development
• In-depth knowledge of research principles and methods
• Knowledge of major search engines, not just Google
• Experience in keyword research vital
• Highly numerate, and experienced user of spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel)
• Effective communication skills, with both team members and clients
• Attention to detail is vital
• Keep up-to-date with the latest search engine tech, ensuring we are at the forefront of SEO
• Communicating the value of SEO to the broader agency
• Owning and taking pride in your performance and it’s impact on the business and your own success
1. Effective and Innovative Client Solutions
2. Efficient service delivery to clients
3. Talented and Informed Agency
• Embrace our vision, values and behaviours
• Client facing: meet with clients to gather information about their requirements for SEO
• Audits: Perform technical, content and external audits across the client website and how it compares to the competition, producing a detailed written report to support an SEO strategy.
• Creation of SEO strategies for clients from scratch. Tasks will include understanding client needs, identifying and developing keyword/content strategies, structural recommendations, link building approach and more
• Prepare SEO content plans for 1 -3 months in advance and broader SEO strategies for 3 - 12 months
• Third Parties: work with partners across various areas of search
• Creating and optimising content on websites
• Building high quality links to support onsite content strategies
• Tracking and analysing performance of SEO using in-depth reporting from Google Analytics
• Reporting: write accurate reports and communicate the results of your work on time
• Prioritising your workload to meet client sensitive deadlines
• Achieving the clients objectives and defined KPIs
• Keeping up to date with changes in search engine technology
• Have an excellent general awareness of digital and digital trends
• Educate: run workshops for clients and internal stakeholders
• Passionate about continuing your professional development
• Flexible working including a hybrid work model (office 2: home 3)
• 35 days' holiday (inclusive of BH's and Agency Christmas Closure) full time equivalent
• Health cashback plan
• £ Competitive salary
• One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
• Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
• Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and learning
• Access to retail, travel discounts
• Various wellness initiatives
• Free onsite parking
A Creative Communications Agency Built on TOGETHERNESS.
This is who we are.
Cogent is an award-winning, independent, integrated marketing agency. We help brands to create belief that changes behaviour.
We’re super proud to say that:
We’re ranked as one of Campaign’s ‘Best Places To Work’ in marketing (2 years running)
• We’re one of only 36 UK agencies to be IPA CPD Gold accredited (also 2 years running!)
• And we’re highly recommended by our clients, according to Drum Recommends
• Better people,
• Better relationships,
• Better work
(yes, in that order)