Do you want to work at the cutting-edge of the advertising industry, in a business critical team? Are you a commercially-minded natural dealmaker, with a particular interest in learning how to negotiate and structure talent deals in the brand partnership space - with leading influencers, models & celebrities? Do you relish the thought of using interpersonal, strategic and leadership skills to solve business problems? Are you excited to learn about how the world’s top brands engage talent to create the kind of social-first ads that are revolutionising the advertising industry, from the ground up?
Billion Dollar Boy, a next-generation creative agency leveraging the power of influencers and social media, is looking for a talented Talent Engagement Executive to join its Business Affairs team - which operates at the nexus of the agency’s commercial, operational and administrative activities - with opportunities for rapid growth and advancement.
Recently named as one of the Financial Times’ 1000 fastest-growing companies in Europe for the second year in a row, Billion Dollar Boy is offering an enthusiastic and driven individual an exciting, ground-floor opportunity to join an agile, commercially-focused team that is playing a vital role in the expansion of the business. You will be at the heart of our team and your responsibilities will centre around ensuring that Billion Dollar Boy enters into smart, innovative and commercially sound deals with international talent (ranging from up-and-coming influencers to household name celebrities, from around the world). Aside from assisting in wide-ranging negotiations, you will also have responsibilities in facilitating the administrative side of our production shoots, and all aspects of talent engagement (such as NDAs, waivers and release forms).
In this role, you will develop and enhance the fundamental skills required for talent engagement, including: dealmaking & negotiation, communication, contracts, collaborating with people in varied roles (e.g. finance, creative, strategy), working under pressure, identifying and assessing risk & understanding the pros and cons of various deal structures.
- You will carry out varied work directly related to evaluating, negotiating & structuring talent deals , and advising on best practice in a range of related matters, including - but not limited to - talent & brand partnerships, production, content licensing and marketing services.
- You will help the Business Affairs team handle varied talent engagement challenges and find solutions to complex problems.
- You will develop strong commercial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will implement established contracting and production processes.
- You will support and ensure the smooth running of the administrative side of advertising productions.
- You will support and manage music rights procurement, following established processes and liaising with our music studio partners, as relevant.
- You will successfully manage individual ad hoc projects and tasks from start to finish. Business Affairs is a versatile department with a varied workflow.
- You will work closely with our UK and US teams, supporting them through all stages of dealmaking & in negotiations with talent.
This will involve:
- Working closely with their your line manager;
- Working alongside Account Management, at different levels of seniority, and other key stakeholders across the business (e.g. Finance, Sales, Creative), to ensure all negotiating positions are commercially approved and represent the agency’s best interests;
- Responding to all day-to-day talent engagement queries and agent redlines, according to established procedures and guidelines.
escalating issues to your line manager and appropriate stakeholders;
- Building relationships with talent agents and clients to promote streamlined deal negotiation.
- Appetite to learn about many different business areas (particularly, talent engagement) and how they interact to make the business a success.
- Genuine interest in talent engagement and administration.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Keen to build knowledge of the commercial deal-making market.
- Solutions-oriented and able to critically evaluate commercial issues, suggesting ways they could be resolved.
- An inquisitive mind and an out-of-the-box thinker, who is looking for a genuinely exciting professional experience.
- Good commercial instincts and the ability to evaluate risk.
- Eagerness to give and receive regular feedback.
- A strong collaborator: you will be working across matters for the agency’s three international offices.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to keep a cool head in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest in developing negotiation skills: you will be working at the dealmaking heart of the business.
- Importantly, a desire to make personal connections with colleagues and clients.
A part of what we offer at BDB is a considerate suite of competitive benefits, which will be discussed with you throughout the interview process.
Billion Dollar Boy
About Billion Dollar Boy
Billion Dollar Boy (BDB) is the global creative agency for the influencer age, with offices in London, New York and New Orleans. BDB harnesses the exceptional creativity of global content creators and connects them with the world’s most creative brands to deliver first-class influencer marketing campaigns. We were founded to specialise in influencer marketing, we view it as a discipline, not an add-on.
We are a Financial Times 1000 Fastest Growing Company & AdWeek Fastest Growing Agency, and in 2021 BDB campaigns won Webby Awards, Influencer Marketing Awards and Shorty Awards. Our clients include PepsiCo, L'Oreal, Shiseido, Heineken, Zalando and Campari Group. Working with vastly different brands and their audiences keeps us smart, nimble and (dare we say it) ahead of the competition.
Since 2014 we have ensured that creative excellence is our company’s north star - empowering social media and changing the global ad business as we know it.
Billion Dollar Boy is a hyper-caffeinated transatlantic creative agency with 100+ employees and counting in London, New York and New Orleans. We are actively creating campaigns across 7 continents with top brands spanning categories of beauty, fashion, lifestyle, consumer goods, food and beverage and automotive. We are harnessing the power of influencers to win hearts, catch eyes and reinvent advertising as we know it.
We encourage employees to be open and confident and appreciate that every member of the team makes a vital difference. Outside working hours we enjoy regular socials, team lunches and team building.
- Collaboration is key
- Creative to the core
- Quality at scale
- Integrity & Inclusion is everything