We’re all about giving our clients the confidence to challenge. This comes from our creative & research system, which helps us validate bigger insights and bolder ideas for bravely effective results. These results are helping us grow our clients, scoop some pretty cool industry accolades, and continue our growth spurt. But our real secret sauce? Our Guys. We recruit diverse personalities, invite challenge, have each other’s backs, and invest in giving each of them the confidence to smash their potential.
After some exciting pitch wins, we’re looking for a confident Account Director to join our food and drink team. Reporting to a Group Account Director, you’ll work on brands like Albert Bartlett potatoes, the Scotch meat labels and Smokehead whisky, helping to direct brand strategies, integrated campaigns and always-on content.
What we're looking for:
Expertise & attitude:
• A creatively brave thinker who can collaborate with planners, creatives and clients to bring bold insights and ideas to life, regardless of the audience or channel
• A confident proposal writer and presenter, who can articulate their insights and ideas on paper and in person
• A self-starter and stickler for process, able to juggle priorities and take total ownership of budgets, timings and resourcing, to make sure projects are delivered on brand, on time and on budget
• An eye for effectiveness; always using client budgets commercially, setting and reporting against KPIs, and ensuring we deliver bravely effective results
• A curious thinker and agile worker: staying looking three steps ahead, sparking off the latest trends and formats, and pushing to test, learn and optimise
• A natural collaborator who draws on the right people to deliver the best outputs, whether it be colleagues, roster agencies or expert suppliers
• An inspiring people manager, who can coach and challenge junior members to reach their full potential, and is always hard on the work but easy on the people
• A commercial vulture, always looking to get the most from client budgets, and motivated to help grow accounts and meet targets
• An entrepreneurial spirit, who’s fired up by new opportunities and inspired to help grow our food & drink portfolio and team
Skills & experience:
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in an agency role, with exposure to FMCG brands (preferably food & drink)
• Experience in managing integrated campaigns and broadcast production
...Although we're far more interested in the person than the CV - someone who doesn't follow a strict job description and is excited by what we're doing as a challenger agency.
Salary from £40K, depending on experience.
We challenge ourselves to attract and grow great people, as well as great clients. So that means offering things like:
• Great professional development: a coaching programme and generous training budgets to support your career pathway.
• Great holidays: with an extra day’s holiday for every year you’re with us, and half-day Fridays during the Edinburgh Festival (all in the name of creative research, of course).
• Great benefits: private healthcare and perks through Vitality.
• Great flexibility: a blended working culture that helps work, work around you.
• Great fun: of course we have an agency bar, but also a coffee shop, all in the heart of Edinburgh city centre. And visits from family, friends & dogs are positively encouraged.
We are a challenger creative & research agency based in the heart of Edinburgh, who give clients the confidence to challenge for bravely effective results.
Have a peek at www.guyco.co.uk