Your creative strengths will be both conceptual and visual, communicating the insight and strategy set by Fairy Futures, and working end-to-end with other departments. You will work across both production and design to create branding, campaigns and content. Your speciality will be in fashion and lifestyle, beauty is ideal but not essential.
You think social-first, you are internet and Gen Z literate, a multi-platform user and have a personal interest in fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands. You have a working knowledge of the advertising and marketing industry.
You will report into the Creative Director and work alongside the Creative Strategist across all high level projects. Your role may vary depending on the project size and the weighting of requirements.
You will be responsible for:
* You will elevate and maintain a strong visual tone for the business and our clients, managing the quality control of output, ensuring that we are meeting the project and agency expectations, brand guidelines and KPIs.
* Together with our Creative Strategist you will create and present actionable concepts which are tied to budget and KPIs, you will lead the storyboarding/treatments, creation of mood boards and artworking
* Directing and leading both our internal and outsourced creative teams, confidently challenging them, whilst providing motivation, support and guidance to ensure a high standard of work and morale
* Developing and maintaining a network of freelance talent across creative disciplines (animation, direction, photography, etc) developing positive relationships and identifying special opportunities for those we want to work with
* Involved in the Art Direction of the companies own branding and marketing materials from time to time
* Thoroughly understanding any brief really clearly, being a part of project kick-off meetings, meeting the KPIs and objectives within budget and schedule
* You will contribute to new business pitches and meetings. You identify new business opportunities within our company and will work with our Partnerships Director on outreach, proposal and bringing ideas to life. You will also contribute to proactive new business ideas
* You will always be thinking how we can create/improve and implement processes to build on quality and efficiency
* You will be involved with management and HR when hiring members of the junior/mid-weight creative team, as well as pulling together external teams
* You will understand our competitor landscape and suggest innovative and disruptive ideas which align with our market positioning. You will have a point of view on all opportunities/projects and the value that they do or perhaps don’t add to the business, always wanting to improve the case study for both us and the client
* There will be optional opportunities to act as a thought leader around company marketing and PR strategy including spokesperson duties and industry presence
* Help nurture junior talent within the business, critique and identify training and mentoring opportunities, feed into their development plans and always push for team excellence
* Risk and damage management, flagging to leadership team any concerns to avoid inefficiencies or compromised quality, in the event of problems you will often help suggest and manage the solution
* You will lead by example, and inspire the wider team to collaborate and contribute creative through internal innovation workshops etc
* 3-5+ years in industry, ideally within advertising and marketing working with fashion, lifestyle brands. Beauty is ideal but not essential
* You will have a strategic and process-lead approach, communicating with clarity and using insights/research to inform everything you do
* As one of our main ‘creatives’ our work is partly a reflection of your vision, therefore you will always be learning about trends, tools, competition, processes, new fonts etc to stay ahead and inspired. You will share your knowledge with your peers
* You have solid experience working across multiple clients/projects, working with senior stakeholders and senior clients
* You are highly visual with incredible presentation and communication skills
* You always have an opinion and idea of how to make something better, you are not afraid to challenge the brief or client
* Ensure a collaborative approach within the team with a strong focus on communication, this means understanding the communication requirements of all team members
* We are proud of our productive and supportive culture internally and externally, so you are personable and treat clients and colleagues as friends
* You will lead by example, able to demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration skills
* We are looking for an Art Director who doesn’t just have a voyeuristic view of the world, and the key cultures and subcultures we engage and represent – they will be part of them
* No job is too big or too small you will be happy to get hands on in a small agency environment, and be collaborative with all levels
Our division Fairy Futures, ensures the digital and brand solutions we create are underpinned by insight driving relevance, innovation and future proofing. It is the division where we have the big idea, it will then be executed by Fairy Studios and amplified by Fairy Networks.
The Digital Fairy
The Digital Fairy are on a talent search looking to build our creative team and super power our services. We are looking for innovators and visionaries who want to work with brands leading and disrupting the creative industries.
The Digital Fairy is a full service creative marketing studio working for brands within the fashion, lifestyle, and beauty industries, connecting them to youth and digital culture. We have built credibility with clients including Adidas, Nike, REN Skincare, Sephora and Bleach London.