Assistant Media Executive
The tasks the individual would be expected to assist on are below but not limited to (training will be provided for certain areas):
• Supporting the account team in managing the agency’s portfolio, working directly with clients and advising them on media planning and buying strategy.
• Assist team in negotiation of, and manage delivery of, media owner deals/campaign deliveries.
• Manage compilation of key client reports including buying results, reports and market competitive reporting.
• Support with preparation and presentation of material required for client and internal meetings
• Use of tools/systems to complete daily requests/tasks for internal use or for external clients (training to be provided).
• Establish working relationships with clients, media owners and other third parties.
• Confidence, positivity and ability to present yourself amongst internal/external colleagues
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Relevant degree/qualifications within marketing and advertising space
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Great attention to detail, combined with great organisational skills
• High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability and confidence to learn and apply new skills
• Previous working experience/internships across media agencies
• Knowledge or experience working amongst the children, young people and families space.
• Linguistic skills, fluent in additional languages
The position would be reporting directly to the Account Executive/Manager.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
What is your career path at Generation Media?
• As a fast-growing agency with an ambition for further growth, there is great opportunity to drive your career forward at Generation. We will provide all team members with the support and training needed to realise your career aspirations.
• We are open to all ideas and will ensure you play a key part in deciding where you want to focus your attentions and propel your career roadmap.
• There are continuous opportunities for all individuals to be involved in extracurricular areas of the business for example our wellbeing committee, diversity and inclusion or social committees.
• We will host an annual 360 objectives review at the start of the year with check ins hosted across the year to ensure you are on track to making your career aspirations a reality.
What can we offer you?
Contractual Benefits (following successful completion of a 3-month probation period)
• Performance related annual bonus
• 2pm Early Friday Office Closure across January-September
• Hybrid working available (50-60% of the working week)
o Flexible start time to allow for avoidance of daily commute times
• Employee pension scheme
• Company Health Insurance
• Company Life assurance policy
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Inclusion in externally accredited company training programme
• 24 days contractual annual leave
o Include statutory 20 days
o 1x day off for birthday
o Additional bonus 3 days available for planning holiday in line with demands of the business
o Incremental days also available for length of service
• Christmas to New Year office closure
• Cycle to office scheme available to all employees
• Annual season ticket loan (after 12 months employment)
What about the fun stuff?
• We host a Summer away day for all team members every year (this year is a Generation Media festival with silent disco and glamping for all!)
• Quarterly socials fully funded by the company.
• Wellbeing weeks hosted on a quarterly basis including access to massages, coffee vouchers, goodie bags and more…
• Access to fruit, snacks and breakfast on a daily basis in the office
• On site games room with pool table, ping pong/XBOX games etc
Generation Media are the World's leading independent specialist for communication to children, families and young people globally. All our work is underpinned by insight and proprietary tools, designed to meet the unique set of objectives for every brief we receive. We champion professionalism within our sector and wider media market, ensuring our clients business is given the care and attention required by supplier partners.
Navigating our clients through the changing digital media landscape is key. Their success has contributed to our business growth, and we act as an extension of our clients marketing teams, saving them both time and money.
As well as supporting client growth we have a proactive new business programme and benefit from positive word of mouth and client referrals which have contributed to success. We operate on a global level through our carefully selected agency partner network and centralised management from the UK office with on the ground support in Germany too.
Our people are the beating heart of the business. We have an award-winning team and pride ourselves on being a recognised centre of excellence of talent development.
We have just secured our 9th gold accreditation from the internationally recognised Investors in People and our 6th Platinum award from the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) Continuous Development Programme as well as being named as a Campaign Magazine Best Place to Work. Every member of the team is steered by the strength of our “DNA” company culture (Development, eNergy and teAmwork).
We are an equal opportunities employer who looks to recruit ambitious, talented, and self-starting individuals.
Working for Generation Media provides a unique opportunity with career development being directly linked to business growth.