We’re all about giving our clients the confidence to challenge. This comes from our creative & research system, which helps us validate bigger insights and bolder ideas for bravely effective results. These results are helping us grow our clients, scoop some cool industry accolades, and continue our growth spurt. But our real secret sauce? Our Guys. We recruit diverse personalities, invite challenge, have each other’s backs, and invest in giving each of them the confidence to smash their potential.
We’re looking for a creatively ambitious Copywriter to join our growing creative department to help raise the bar beyond our already high standards. Mainly we want a writer that’ll knock briefs out of the park and have a good time doing it. But here’s some specifics because, you know, it’s a job and that’s what job specs do…
• Producing consistently fresh and surprising ideas is what you love about your job.
• You’ve adopted so many different brands’ TOV over the years, you’ve started to wonder what your original accent sounded like.
• You should have strong presentation skills, be able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients and our internal team.
• Challenge creative briefs and your Creative Director’s thinking while understanding project requirements to surprise and delight.
• Understand and push brand guidelines to create great conceptual work while keeping on-brand.
• Show strong commercial awareness, ensuring work is as great as it can be, while on budget and on time.
• Bring your personality to the department – we’re looking for someone who loves coming up with ideas and can inspire others to do the same.
• You’ll also be required to write more direct, functional copy that some may deem to be ‘less creative’, although we’d like this person to appreciate this comes with its own craft and charm.
• You should be fluent in creating big campaign ideas that run through the line, building presentations that are thoroughly thought-through and show how they work throughout multiple channels.
• You should have a strong understanding of brand strategy to help make informed strategic decisions, ensuring your work always ladders back to the brand proposition.
• You should be able to write campaign-based guidelines in your sleep.
(We don’t expect you to actually work in your sleep).
• You should be able to have open and educated discussions about strategic approach for a range of different clients and sectors.
• Review and input into existing ideas, not being afraid to challenge or push back to lead to greater work.
• Be a mentor to junior members of the team, reviewing work to ensure quality and offering guidance to improve.
• Review industry-leading work and trends, and share insights to inspire the team.
• You should be a creative nomad, being able to work seamlessly with other members of the creative department and sometimes external creatives.
What you can expect from us:
Salary from £25K, depending on experience.
We challenge ourselves to attract and grow great people, as well as great clients. So that means offering things like:
• Great professional development: a coaching programme and generous training budgets to support your career pathway.
• Great holidays: with an extra day’s holiday for every year, you’re with us, and half-day Fridays during the Edinburgh Festival (all in the name of creative research, of course).
• Great benefits: private healthcare and perks through Vitality.
• Great flexibility: a blended working culture that helps work, work around you.
• Great fun: of course, we have an agency bar, but also a coffee shop, all in the heart of Edinburgh city centre. And visits from family, friends & dogs are positively encouraged.
We are a challenger creative & research agency based in the heart of Edinburgh, who give clients the confidence to challenge for bravely effective results.
Have a peek at www.guyco.co.uk