Apply at: https://careers.medialabgroup.co.uk/jobs/1954154-data-operations-manager-220704ac
We are looking for a highly task and detail oriented individual, with significant hands-on experience in Adverity, to join the Apollo department at Medialab and lead the day to day operations of the Analytics team. The role combines hands-on process-driven delivery with running the team’s operations. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and determined to drive operational excellence.
- Be accountable for the operational delivery of the team, overseeing the quality and timeliness of all work - and owning any escalations from client teams.
- Be a hands-on practitioner in Adverity Datatap and Adverity Insights, empowering the team to grow in their technical knowledge and capability.
- Configure Adverity Datatap to fetch and transform data needed for client reporting.
- Configure Adverity Insights to visualise client marketing performance.
- Own the ticketing system - through which users submit requests - ensuring it is fit-for-purpose and enables us to measure our velocity.
- Drive operational excellence, regularly reviewing our processes in order to continually improve.
- Own the operational aspect of the relationship with Adverity, driving consideration for high priority feature needs and chasing down bugs and blockers.
- Work closely with the senior analytics manager, supporting them on the delivery of Analytics roadmap items.
- Work closely with the head of Data & Engineering to provide accurate status updates, suggestions for how we can improve our ways of working/velocity and to evolve the responsibilities of the team in line with the progressing engineering capability.
- 3+ years experience in the Media planning/buying/activating/reporting industry
- 2+ years experience building marketing performance dashboards
- 1+ years experience in using Adverity Datatap
- Hands-on experience with a variety of marketing platforms and data sources
- Highly detail and task oriented
- Process-driven with a keen eye for identifying ways to improve
Nice to have
- Line management experience
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Adverity Insights, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Google Data Studio etc.)
- Experience with basic scripting (python or similar object-oriented)
- Experience with connecting to and querying data warehouses
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with a ticketing system (Jira Service Desk, Zendesk, Freshdesk etc.)
- Diligent: You are detail-oriented and rarely drop the ball
- Ownership: You care about the quality and thoroughness of everything you deliver
- Self-starter: You are driven and interested in operational excellence - you get a kick out of running a well-oiled machine
- Relentless: You pursue improvements - always wanting to raise the bar
What to expect from us
- Competitive Salary package
- 25 days holiday Increased to 28 days holiday after 3 years (including office closure between Christmas and New Year) + your birthday off
- Amazing long service rewards including a long weekend/week away at medilabs expense
- Hybrid working between office and home
- Workplace pension
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular Social events
- Regular reviews to enhance career progression and equal opportunities
- Continuous professional development and training - CPD Gold accreditation by the IPA
- Free access to Health and Wellbeing Apps including Headspace and employee assistance program
- A diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has regular opportunities to engage in open and honest dialogue and also listen to inspirational
- Access to mental health allies (1 in 10 employees are trained in mental health first aid)
Who we are
Medialab is a unique independent media agency and the fastest growing company in the Top 50 Media Agencies, in Campaign Magazine’s 'School Report’ 2021. Offering media, marketing, digital and data services to a wide variety of clients, we’re a team of c100 (and growing), based near Oxford Circus.
Fundamentally, we believe the best business decisions are made when they are informed by data. Data is our heritage and has been at the heart of our business since inception over fifteen years ago. We encourage, educate and help clients to use data in the most insightful way to plan and buy across all media channels and deliver the right media solutions for business success.
We’re independently owned, which means there are no limits to what you can achieve. We’re also known as market-leaders in our field, and we have a very happy client base which we’re very proud of, including major brands such as American Express, Laithwaite’s Wine and SunLife as well as several charities, including The National Trust, Guide Dogs Association for the Blind, Alzheimer’s Society and Mind.