We are looking for Digital Media Trainees to join our team. These roles are permanent, based in Edinburgh and give you a 12–18-month structured Training Programme.
This is a full-time permanent-role training scheme for ambitious graduates and those with equivalent qualifications/experience, looking to establish a career in media planning and buying, culminating in a role as a Digital Media Executive. You will receive on-the-job and external training and develop a range of skills to enable you to excel in this exciting industry. This scheme is a key career entry point and a significant number of the existing team began their career on the scheme.
We are looking for inquisitive and ambitious individuals, who have an interest in the media industry, and in digital media in particular. You will be a concise and effective communicator, comfortable contributing in both internal and client meetings. Highly analytical, you will be numerate and capable of working with large amounts of data to a high degree of detail. A creative thinker who can deliver and communicate exciting and effective digital media plans for our clients. You’ll enjoy learning how to use systems and get the best out of them.
- Using a number of tools and systems crucial to the media planning and buying process
- Dealing with client and agency work alongside ongoing training requirements
- Analysis of data from multiple sources to generate insights that feed into media planning decisions and strategies
- Building solid working relationships with key media owners and other third-party data and tech suppliers
- Taking briefs from Comms Planning teams and helping to turn in to digital media buying recommendations
- Sharing digital updates to the wider agency and non-digital departments and teams
- Helping in the creation on client media schedules, management of campaigns and performance reporting requirements
Deliverables / measures of success
- Confident and daily use of media planning tools and systems which successfully feed into media recommendations
- Successful time management of multiple tasks and adhering to set/agreed deadlines
- Creating client media schedules and documents that are client ready and error free
- Successful completion of all set training courses and programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication demonstrated day to day
- A developed foundation knowledge of the strengths / weaknesses of core digital channels including but not limited to online display, social media, online video and search
Successful management of client campaigns including delivery of activity and reporting
Key requirements, technical and person
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) or work experience / a demonstrable interest in the media industry
- Close attention to detail
- Analytical, comfortable dealing with large amounts of data
- Able to articulate thoughts and ideas in an effective and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communicator, with a willingness to contribute both internally and with clients
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic with an interest in consumer behaviour and the media industry
- Client/customer focused with an ability to get things done
- Creative thinker
- Innovative and passionate, you will role model the Republic of Media values
- Previous Media work experience
- Previous examples of thriving in an environment with tight deadlines
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Republic of Media is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We actively aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Please advise of any reasonable adjustments that we can make to allow you to apply and at any stage in the process.
To apply, please email (quoting ‘DMT Feb 22’ in the subject line) your CV and covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 13th March. Successful candidates for the second stage of the process will be invited to the office for a recruitment day on Wednesday 23rd March.
Income protection scheme
Critical illness insurance
Private medical health
Vitality wellbeing at work
Holiday purchase scheme
Enhanced parental leave
Fruit & great coffee
Yoga, massages, etc.
Cycle to work
Charity & community days off
Republic of Media
Who are Republic of Media?
We’re Freethinkers – working with clients for the past 10 years to deliver media effectiveness and manage transformation. Born in the digital age, we are one of the fastest growing media agencies in the UK. With offices in Manchester and Edinburgh, Republic of Media is an agency with an emphasis on creativity combined with commercial focus. We specialise in communication planning, media buying, brand building, digital media and innovation.
We plan and buy advertising space on behalf of clients such as bet365, The Scottish Government, Magners Cider, Whyte & Mackay, Highland Spring, Cambridge Weight Plan and many others. We are a talented and fast-growing team, currently of 67 people.