Gravity Global is the most award winning, world-leading marketing communications agency working with complex markets, and we are looking for a confident and passionate Head of SEO to join us.
As the Head of SEO you will have overall responsibility for ensuring that all organic search marketing campaigns are delivered to the highest possible quality standard, working closely with other department heads within the Performance Marketing division to develop and deliver organic search strategies that deliver commercial outcomes for clients.
The organic search department which you will lead is responsible for leading the creation of effective organic search strategies for clients and delivering technical SEO analysis and recommendations as necessary to drive organic search performance. The SEO department works closely with our Studio department to identify and create effective on-site content, and with our Digital PR department to develop off-site SEO factors such as coverage and links.
You will have an excellent technical and practical understanding of SEO, and the importance of both on-site and off-site ranking factors. You’ll have enough technical understanding to lead and evolve our technical SEO service offering. You will also have a broad understanding of other areas of digital marketing including PPC, CRO and data analysis. You will have demonstrable organisational skills in managing an in-house team and collaborating with clients to deliver results. You will be confident providing insight and guidance to colleagues as well as clients where required.
You will be passionate about providing the best service possible to clients and ensure that you and your team’s skills and knowledge remains at the cutting edge of organic search marketing by implementing appropriate training programmes and research projects. You will project a warm, engaging personality and demonstrate the ability to win over others, whether they are clients, colleagues or business partners.
- To manage and coordinate Gravity Global’s team of SEO consultants to deliver to campaign objectives and deliver a high standard of work.
- To manage and optimise organic search campaigns for a broad portfolio of clients across a range of industry sectors.
- Recruiting skilled personnel and implementing appropriate training plans to maintain industry-leading skill sets.
- To implement efficient delivery processes and frameworks that focus on commercial outcomes for clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff utilisation targets are met, and that the department operates within budget to deliver to overall company performance targets.
- To identify further organic search opportunities for existing clients within the Performance Marketing division and the wider Group, and work with relevant colleagues to present these to clients.
- To effectively manage you and your team’s time and maintain effective records of work completed and achievements for clients each month.
- Generate regular client reports and contribute to campaign review documents with accurate data, clear analysis and recommendations.
- Be involved in new business development by developing effective organic search strategies and pitch decks, and to be on pitch meetings as required.
- To evangelise organic search marketing to internal and external stakeholders including examples such as leading workshops, speaking at events, seminars and industry conferences.
- To champion the quality of Gravity Global’s organic search marketing activity by communicating key achievements to the company, and by recommending case studies, awards entries and testimonials for successful campaigns.
Experience / Skills Required:
- In-depth, up-to-date understanding of SEO techniques across Google and Bing
- Ability to research, absorb information from online resources and then identify and implement new techniques and processes to ensure clients retain and build search rankings despite search engine algorithm updates - and to coach these into your team.
- Ability to lead SEO strategy for enterprise clients, providing support and clear strategic guidance as to the activity that will most impact client’s organic search performance.
- Experience in using Google Analytics to monitor and report on organic search campaigns.
- Ability to prepare and present compelling organic search marketing strategies to clients, often alongside colleagues as part of a holistic digital marketing plan.
- A “digital native” – someone who’s passionate about the web, uses a wide range of online resources (from ecommerce shopping to social media channels, streaming services, online news and media consumption etc) and who has a broad understanding of the online landscape.
- Proficiency with appropriate tools, including Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, link research and competitor benchmarking tools.
- Excellent, persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, confident on the phone and speaking to clients.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office applications: Excel to prepare and analyse data; PowerPoint and Word to prepare clear reports and recommendations.
You will be:
- Confident in leading, inspiring and developing your team, with experience managing teams.
- Analytical and yet creative.
- Confident in your ability to deliver effective campaigns, and demonstrating this to clients.
- Passionate about the internet and digital marketing.
- Able to work individually and collaboratively.
- Clear and persuasive in both verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable being part of a leadership team making impactful decisions about agency-wide day-to-day operations and client delivery.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Global career development opportunities
- Hybrid working (2 days per week in the office, 3 days at home)
- Opportunities to get involved with working groups such as Diversity & Inclusion, Wellbeing, and ESG / Sustainability
- To work with the best and most exciting clients
- To work on global accounts in the most challenging sectors
- To work with the best brains and creative talent in the industry
- To work on innovative and ground-breaking marketing solutions
- To learn and develop with individual training budgets and development plans