We are looking for an Insight Analyst to join our growing team of data experts in MBAstack, part of MSQ Partners. The role will be based in MSQ’s London office typically three days per week, with the other two days working from home.
This opportunity would suit a data-driven, enthusiastic and proactive problem-solver with an eye for detail, and the ability to understand marketing challenges. The role will require experience of using data from a range of sources to deliver relevant and meaningful insight to support creative development and/or campaign strategy. You’ll play a crucial role in generating new work and winning new clients for the business by using data insight to support pitches and proposals.
• Support new business pitches and proposals by creating and visualising insight that demonstrates understanding of clients’ customers, their market and business challenges. Including but not limited to:
o target audience profiles / segmentations
o customer journey touchpoints, needs and pain points
o product / brand sentiment
o product / brand preference
o key conversation topics
o media preferences and consumption
o competitor landscape
• Identify the most appropriate data sources, tools and methodologies needed to answer insights briefs or requests
• Use a range of 3rd party data and tools to analyse appropriate data and extract findings that are relevant and meaningful
• Provide data-based evidence that supports creative development and/or campaign strategy
• Present findings in a clear, visual way that helps to tell a story in line with the wider creative and/or campaign strategy
• Help to drive a data driven culture within the agency to ensure that all decision making is informed by insight
• Collaborate with data, strategy, creative and account teams around the partnership to deliver valuable insight
• Identify new tools, skills and resources that will help to deliver more valuable insight and enhance pitch efforts
• Help to manage incoming insight requests, workloads and delivery of outputs
• Attend and present at internal meetings, in person or over video call, and occasionally attend and present at client meetings
Required skills and knowledge
• 3+ years working within a data/insight delivery team
• Experience using the at least some of the following, or similar, tools:
o 3rd party audience tools (e.g. YouGov, GWI, TGI) to understand audience profiles, behaviours, attitudes, preferences etc.
o Social listening tools (e.g. Netbase, Brandwatch, Meltwater, Sprinklr) to identify product/brand sentiment, emotional analysis and key conversation topics
o Keyword search tools (e.g. Google Trends, KeywoordTool.io, SimilarWeb) to identify related search terms, search trends, questions and share of search
o Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics to understand website performance, content preferences and customer journeys
o Customer survey research tools (e.g. Google Surveys, OnePulse, YouGov Direct, Kantar)
• Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong data visualisation skills
• General understanding of statistical techniques (e.g. significance testing, sampling)
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
• Knowledge of different marketing channels (particularly media, CRM and social) and the applications of data within them
Beneficial skills and knowledge (not essential)
• Awareness and understanding of advanced analytical techniques (e.g. segmentation, modelling, machine learning) and their applications.
• Some knowledge or experience of programming (e.g. SQL, Python, R).
• Some experience of building reports and dashboards within BI tools (e.g. PowerBI, Google Data Studio, Tableau).
MBAstack is the Customer Acquisition & Engagement agency that sits at the heart of MSQ, the UK’s fastest growing multi-disciplinary marcomms group. MSQ has recently invested in MBA and it has merged with Stack. There are 50 of us, and we have recently moved into a new HQ in Covent Garden. The agencies have joint forces to create a new agency that fuses the very best in data insight, smart tech and creativity to drive commercial leaps for its clients.
MBAstack works with its clients to deliver this blend of ‘informed imagination’ through a nimble, entrepreneurial and collective approach that reflects today's fast paced e-commerce driven world. MBAstack works in both the B2C and B2B sectors for clients such as Stellantis (formerly PSA Groupe), Elanco, the UK Government and Vodafone, developing strategies and campaigns for delivery in the UK and worldwide.
Over 50% of the time we work on multi-disciplinary teams built using our sister agencies in MSQ, who may be providing Media Planning & Buying, PR or specialist marketing services. We provide a highly supportive and stimulating environment for those who want to collaborate with other marketing specialists to create impactful and effective marketing campaigns for clients.