We are looking for a Lead Data Strategist to join our growing team of data experts in MBAstack, part of MSQ Partners. The role will be based in MSQ’s London office, typically three days per week, with the other two days working from home. You will be an ambassador for data insights informing business decisions across our clients at MBAstack & MSQ Group. You will consult with marketing clients and colleagues to develop and deliver data & insight solutions centred on CRM targeting, personalisation, media optimisation, measurement and optimisation across multiple digital, technology & media channels. You should be a self-starter, full of enthusiasm and highly collaborative, with a curious mind and a passion for helping clients drive their businesses forward.
You’ll be the ‘glue’ integrating data and analytics with broader marketing strategy to develop connected data-inspired action across the end to end of marketing – from creative, media & CRM/CXM experiences.
Collaboration is key to this role - Working closely with analysts, strategists, account and campaign delivery teams as well as multiple client stakeholders across varied projects.
This opportunity would suit a data-driven, hands on & enthusiastic problem-solver with an eye for detail, and the ability to lead technical projects, pushing the boundaries of innovation with recommendations based on the latest data and tech capabilities. With a great learning opportunity to work alongside the Head of Data Strategy & CDO, who will train and develop your capabilities.
• Build relationships with client stakeholders and internal Stack/MSQ teams to promote, develop and manage data and analysis deliverables:
o Data discovery and analysis projects to unify consumer data and develop insights to inform strategy and drive targeting
o Lead clients by developing industry leading data strategies and roadmaps to propel client marketing activities forward
o Develop cross-channel customer journeys and experiences, using data strategy and analytical expertise to inform on areas such as data enrichment, personalisation and decisioning and marketing automation
o Define frameworks to measure marketing effectiveness, set KPIs, benchmarks, targets and forecast to support business cases
o Define and setup reporting and analysis processes and deliverables that meet client objectives
o Develop campaign targeting plans and briefs to internal or 3rd party campaign delivery teams
o Build and run analysis of customer data, leveraging both customer databases as well as digital and social analytics tools
o Measure, evaluate and optimise marketing activity using best practice testing methodologies where necessary
• Be the clients’ trusted advisor on all things data and make it easy for clients to make business decisions – based on data insight, and simplified approach to insight driven recommendations
• Present frequently to clients and attend client meetings
• Drive strategy across all channels and touch points moving from email, push and SMS channels to a connected communications plan encompassing digital media including social, mobile and website. As well as omnichannel across paid media channels (Search, display, VOD.)
• Develop the skills and knowledge of colleagues, creating and sustaining a learning culture within the team
• Management of digital and media insight analysts– Supporting the groups new business pitches and conducting research using the group’s third party digital & survey-based analysis tools (YouGov, Quid, Meltwater, Keyword.IO…)
• 6+ years in a data function, preferably within an agency environment or similar with transferable experience
• Experience managing complex data, analytical and technology projects
• Deep understanding of digital, social and CRM marketing for delivering ROI and positive commercial outcomes for clients
• Excellent communication, organisational and presentation skills
• Able to explain the technical details of data and analytics in a non-technical way to people outside the discipline
• Strong proposal writing skills
• Strategic thinker with strong knowledge of CRM and digital marketing
• High level numeracy and analysis skills
• Website analytics & personalisation/testing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
• Advanced Excel & experience with Data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik)
• Analytics capabilities: leveraging SQL/ Excel for data manipulation
• Understanding & experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
o Campaign Management tools (CRM) in particular, Salesforce, Adobe, Braze, Hub Spot
o DCO & DAM solutions (e.g. Bynder, Jivox)
o CDP’s (e.g. Telium, treasure data)
o Social analytics tools (e.g. Netbase, Quid, BrandWatch)
o Intelligence tools (e.g. TGI, GWI, YouGov)
o Data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python, SQL)
o Digital marketing platforms (e.g. FB Ads Manager, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok)
MBAstack is the CXM & Engagement agency that sits at the heart of MSQ, the UK’s fastest growing multi-disciplinary marcomms group with over 900+ employees globally. MSQ has recently invested in MBA and it has merged with Stack. There are 50+ of us, recently moved into a new HQ in Covent Garden where 350 people reside across creative, media, CRM, production & design. The agencies have joint forces to create a new agency that fuses the very best in data insight, smart tech and creativity to drive commercial leaps for its clients.
MBAstack works with its clients to deliver this blend of ‘informed imagination’ through a nimble, entrepreneurial and collective approach that reflects today's fast paced e-commerce driven world. MBAstack works in both the B2C and B2B sectors for clients such as Stellantis (formerly PSA Groupe), Elanco, CRUK, the UK Government and Vodafone, developing strategies and campaigns for delivery in the UK and worldwide.
Over 50% of the time we work on multi-disciplinary teams built using our sister agencies in MSQ, who may be providing Media Planning & Buying, PR or specialist marketing services. We provide a highly supportive and stimulating environment for those who want to collaborate with other marketing specialists to create impactful and effective marketing campaigns for clients.