Why are we recruiting?
With a substantial new business target, we need the very best new business manager to join us to support us to achieve this. A talented driven individual to do career-defining work for an agency with a truly enviable group of brands and businesses.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented new business manager with a passion and proven track record for sales. You’ll be results-focused, and can proactively open up opportunities with senior client-side stakeholders from scratch through a variety of methods, and with an intelligence-led, consultative approach. A self-starter with gravitas and an entrepreneurial approach, your first instinct will be to roll your sleeves up and make things happen.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will play a pivotal part in delivering on our ambitious, targeted growth plan. You’ll maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities by building relationships, based on value and trust, with senior marketers across a range of industries. You’ll be armed with an enviable library of case studies, thought pieces and insights, and work closely alongside our marketing manager & PR team who’ll make sure the agency’s front of mind when you call our ideal client prospects.
As well as identifying new clients to approach, you’ll build on lapsed relationships too. You’ll be a fount of knowledge on review cycles and industry intel to make sure you’re contacting the right people with the right message at the right time.
The role requires an ability to quickly and intelligently relate and communicate what makes Cogent’s proposition and offering compelling and relevant to our most valuable prospects. It also requires boundless energy and resilience, an entrepreneurial spirit and tenacity in the pursuit of goals. You’ll be a frontline representative of the business, so you’ll set the tone for a brilliant client experience.
To lead new client acquisition through outbound lead generation.
Strong track record in consultative selling, preferably in a marketing agency or creative services sector
Knowledge and understanding of insight led integrated marketing communications and it’s role/benefits in the current marketing landscape
Experience using sales CRM software to manage and report on the sales pipeline
Knowledge of the agency landscape, our key competitors and their offerings
Acute attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Natural collaborator
• High emotional intelligence
• Commercially minded
• A genuine team player who can truly embody Cogent’s togetherness
• Positive attitude
• Credibility and gravitas
• Self-motivated, self-sufficient and embraces being accountable
• Pipeline of sustainable new business opportunities (success
measures: volume and quality of leads; value of pipeline; Managing
Director and Business Leadership Team feedback)
• Accurate pipeline report, provided regularly (success measures:
Managing Director and Business Leadership Team feedback)
• Manage and build the income opportunity pipeline
• Qualify opportunities and work with the senior team to convert them
• Accurate use and maintenance of the sales CRM system
• Report regularly on the pipeline, both to senior management and the
• Make recommendations for proposition development working closely
with the Managing Director and Marketing Manager
• Gather and share frontline market intelligence across the wider
• Build the agency’s industry network and attend relevant events
• Work in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager to raise the
profile of the agency among our most valuable prospects
• Make recommendations for the evolution of our growth strategy
based on first hand insight
• Competitive salary (IPA benchmarking) and new business bonus
• Flexible ways of working including hybrid working
• 35 days' holiday (inclusive of BH's and Agency Christmas Closure) full
• One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
• Health cashback plan
• Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
• Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
• IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and
• Access to retail discounts
• Free onsite parking
This is who we are.
Cogent is an award-winning, independent, integrated marketing agency. We help brands to create belief that changes behaviour.
We’re super proud to say that:
• We’re ranked as one of Campaign’s ‘Best Places To Work’ in marketing
(3 years running)
• We’re one of only 36 UK agencies to be IPA CPD Gold accredited (also
3 years running!)
• And we’re highly recommended by our clients, according to Drum
• Better people,
• Better relationships,
• Better work
(yes, in that order)