The successful Office & HR Assistant will facilitate the smooth running of the office including general office and HR administration.
- Monthly expense management and credit card reconciliations for UK staff.
- Book global travel, including flights, taxi’s and accommodation for all senior staff members.
- Reserve meeting rooms and organise catering and refreshments for business meetings, events and visitors.
- Organise internal staff lunches or food deliveries.
- Maintain office facilities, repairs and improvements.
- Manage the relationship with the cleaning company and all office suppliers.
- Maintain weekly kitchen food & drink supplies.
- Research, organise & manage all staff/client events, including staff parties, team bookings and peer recognition.
- Programme building access fobs, removing and managing system for all staff and freelancers.
- GSuite administration manager - manage, set up new users, migrate accounts, IT support.
- Asset management (recording and setting up laptops/phones).
- Send, record and file new supplier NDA’s.
- Purchase and organise international delivery of client and staff gifting throughout the year.
- Answering the main telephone and email account, screening calls and directing queries.
- Answering the door, greeting guests, offering refreshments and directing them to the host/meeting room.
- Liaise with suppliers (stationery, IT, telephones).
- Ad hoc support to staff and directors, such as calendar management & travel.
- Draft contracts, employment and legal letters.
- Assist with payroll.
- Ensure all staff have up to date job descriptions.
- Onboard new staff: Setting up workshops, starter packs, software system, email accounts & benefits.
- Offboard staff: Organise exit interviews, atp assets, resignation/termination letters.
- Organise ATP internships and work experience placements.
- Assist with scheduling annual appraisals and staff probations.
- Maintain and develop the HR database, Hibob. Input data for new joiners, updating additional and maintaining staff information as required.
- Maintain the employee handbook and keep all company policies up to date.
- Book staff training and monitor training needs within the company globally.
- Assist with employee visas and renewals.
● Strong organisational & communication skills
● A passion for people and problem solving
● HR experience
● Office and diary management experience
● DEI exposure
● Knowledge of HR systems like hiBob and Rippling is a plus
● The ability to make this role your own and bring your ideas to the table and execute on them
● Agency experience preferred but not essential
● Company Values: Personally upholding as well as educating and encouraging others to support Across the Pond’s company values, as well as adhering to our DEI manifesto.
● Company Culture: Actively involved in helping to create a culture of inclusivity at Across the Pond. Everyone in the company has a responsibility to make the company the very best place to work.
● Sustainability: proactively support and contribute to our mission to become a net zero company by 2030.
● Training, workshops & DEI support: Supporting in the organisation of DEI initiatives, training and team workshops as required.
● 20 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) you will also get one additional day each year after your first full year.
● Informal (unofficial) extra 5 days off between Christmas and New Year.
● Culture & Wellbeing day (an extra day off for something personal to you)
● Employee Assistance Programme
● Enrolment to Vitality Health Insurance (After 3 months)
● An auto-enrolment pension scheme where ATP will contribute up to 5% of your qualifying earnings after probation period
● Ecologi - Climate Positive Work (we offset your annual carbon footprint through amazing offsetting initiatives and plant 10 trees every month you work for Across the Pond.)
● Ride to Work Scheme
● Annual Profit Share
● Membership to onHand volunteering app
We are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is celebrated.
We make decisions without regard to race, religious creed, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions.
If you require adjustments to our interview process please do let us know.
Across the Pond is a B Corp certified, global, independent, creative agency, helping tech brands create a better world.
We make the complex, human.
We started life inside Google over twelve years ago and continue to build strategic narratives and campaigns for them, and other innovative brands, all around the world.
As a B Corp, we’re part of a global community of businesses that meet high standards of social and environmental impact. Collectively, the B Corp movement seeks to change our economic system to one that positively impacts all stakeholders — workers, communities, customers, and our planet.