We are seeking an ambitious, confident, relationship builder with good communication skills to join our Sponsorship Sales Team. The Sponsorship Sales Manager will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and closing sponsorship and partnership deals for our agency clients.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience or transferable skills that are suited to selling sponsorship. The experience does not necessarily have to be in sponsorship or sales, but the successful candidate will have to demonstrate why their transferable skills are applicable to the role.
Our PRIME Values:
• Progressive: Driven and open-minded entrepreneurial attitude to seeking new (or extending opportunities with) clients for Connects.
• Respectful: We pride ourselves on providing honest, impartial advice and guidance. We check and challenge and at times are a critical friend but we always say what we believe is right for our clients.
• Imaginative: No two clients or projects are the same. We understand and recognise each client requires a bespoke approach and tailored solutions. We work in partnership with our clients to become an extension of their team.
• Mindful: As an independent agency based outside London, we provide our clients with excellent value for money.
• Excellence: Combined decades of National and International experience, providing our clients with sector leading independent advice and support.
General responsibilities and targets
• Support and where required lead on all agreed sponsorship sales / income targets for sponsorship sales projects – negotiating five and six figure sponsorship deals.
• Establish meetings with prospective sponsorship targets and represent the sponsorship sales client at all stages of the sales process.
• Develop and implement the sales briefs for all Orchard Connects sponsorship sales clients.
• Work with the team and our research partners to develop robust and appropriate target lists that are established for each sponsorship sales client, prospecting and maintaining a quality sponsorship sales pipeline. Ensure all progress is logged appropriately on the sales pipeline.
• Build the necessary internal and external relationships to successfully fulfil each project.
• Where necessary, work with our creative team to develop sales collateral and pitch material for each sponsorship sales opportunity.
• Where necessary manage day to day relationships with each sponsorship sales client, ensuring regular updates are provided, appropriate sign-off on materials, questions etc are sought and recorded and expectations are professionally managed.
• Provide regular status updates to the Director of Brand Partnerships and Managing Partner
• Where possible, develop and sell new business client opportunities for Orchard Connects and Orchard Media & Events Group.
Key Working Relationships
• Managing Partner
• Director of Brand Partnerships
• Head of Consultancy
• Sponsorship Sales team
• Sponsorship Sales Clients
• Sponsorship Sales Prospects
• Research Partners
• Commercial Managers (Orchard Media Group)
All about you
• Able to demonstrate evidence of relevant or transferrable professional experience.
• Sponsorship or commercial experience, ideally in a multi stakeholder environment
• Results orientated with a proven track record of entrepreneurial thinking. Able to demonstrate use of both insight and creative thinking.
• An ability to manage complex projects using a collaborative and professional approach.
• Operates well and can think clearly under pressure.
• An ability to work independently and make decisions (but know when to seek guidance)
• Strong relationship management
• Personal organisation and time management: an ability to prioritise, to work flexibly and to tight deadlines; to complete tasks.
Our people are what makes us so special. That’s why we offer a generous benefits package to all who are part of our team. Here’s an example of the benefits that are available:
• Flexible and remote working opportunities
• 10 – 4 core hours
• 25 days annual leave
• Monthly wellbeing hours
• A generous training budget
• Private medical cover
• Cycle to work scheme
• 8% pension (that’s 4% matched from you and us)
• Social events and activities (such as end of month drinks, film club and 5 a side football)
As the Sponsorship Sales Manager you will also receive a performance related bonus
Part of the Orchard Media Group, Connects was formed in 2019. We connect brands, rights holders and audiences through engaging, innovative, creative and purposeful sponsorships and brand partnerships. We believe in a collaborative approach and creating mutually beneficial relationships, delivering the highest level of client service, advice and support. By connecting the likeminded, we build reputations and turn common interests into commercial opportunities, enhancing experiences and developing loyalty.
We work with clients across sport, entertainment, arts & culture, public and third sector. Current clients include, The RFU, The Crown Estate, Jump!, Taste Wales.