The role in brief
As an experienced strategist/insights analyst, you represent the voice of the B2B customer. Reporting to the Strategy Partner, you will play an essential role in uncovering insights that underpin creative ideas. You will work closely with the client services team to direct creative communications in order to deliver against client business goals. The role includes:
• Research and insight analysis – market, competitor and customer research and data analysis from a range of quantitative and qualitative sources. Including commissioning agency partners and 3rd parties
• Creative strategy – developing propositions and messaging from brand through to content campaigns
• Customer journey mapping – developing integrated communications strategies
• Creative briefs and brainstorms – writing creative briefs to direct creative teams, and leading creative brainstorms alongside the Creative Partner. Evaluating creative ideas against the strategy
• Adding strategic depth to client development and new business opportunities – understanding the business goals, market trends and opportunities, to support the client services team in making recommendations
• Being on the pulse of B2B marketing trends, supporting the management team with insights to direct agency positioning and proprietary content
• Proactive problem-solving, demonstrating an understanding of clients’ and prospects’ customers, markets and business challenges. Working with senior management and the client services team to make strategic recommendations based on insight and data.
• Using 3rd parties, qualitative and quantitative research methods. Identify relevant data sources, reports, tools and evidence needed to answer briefs and client problems, within project scope.
Including but not limited to:
o target audience personas / segmentations
o customer journey touchpoints, needs and pain points
o social listening, media preferences and consumption behaviours
o competitor landscape
• Distil and present findings in clear strategic frameworks and communications strategies that connect the dots to tell a story, in collaboration with creative and client services teams
• Leading and championing the creative development process, including briefing and enthusing creative teams and evaluating ideas against the creative strategy
• Analysing and reporting on metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of campaigns
• Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends and developments in the wider B2B advertising and communications industry
• Identify new resources (reports, subscriptions, platforms), methodologies and market research (e.g. Millward Brown) that will deliver more valuable insight and help to grow the business
• Help to drive a data driven insight culture within the agency by sharing trends, knowledge and input that adds value to agency-client relationships
• Supporting the new business team and account directors when pitching for new business with existing and potential clients
• Managing the work, performance and professional development of future team members
Below is an overview of the experience, skills and knowledge that are required to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role. These elements will form the basis of selection for the role.
• Must be educated to degree level
• Minimum of 3 years in a strategic planning role within an integrated agency, ideally B2B
• Experience in differentiating core advertising ideas from their executional treatments, and astute in assessing when these meet the brief and how they will influence behaviour
• Proven track record of guiding and nurturing creative work that meets clients’ briefs
• Experienced in building a depth of knowledge about client’s businesses, including where and how advertising and marketing contributes to success.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Always asking questions and looking for new insights
• Adept in lateral, analytical and strategic thinking, they are able to apply creative thinking to business problems
• Highly numerate and able to understand, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics
• Strong and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing, able to simplify research and strategic thinking into concise, clear recommendations
• Fascinated by human behaviour, social trends, and how ideas influence people
• Able to give and receive feedback that supports the development of the agency’s creative work and improves the effectiveness of advertising Ideas
• Focused on the personal and professional development of their team
Highly competitive salary to match experience (IPA benchmarked)
Group Pension Scheme (Scottish Widows)
Private Medical Insurance (Vitality + benefits)
Bonus – up to 5% discretionary, based on agency-wide revenue targets
Minimum of 25 days paid holiday per annum (rising to 30 days)
Excellent wellbeing programme which includes:
- Holiday buy-back (up to +4 days) and sell-back available
- Volunteer day (optional)
- Mental health first aid
- EAP programme
- No distraction Wednesdays
- Agency challenge days (optional)
Agency Inc makes the complicated simple.
We're one of a new breed of agile & integrated agencies that offers senior strategic planning and creative solutions to global clients. We build experienced, flexible teams around our clients’ needs, to develop and deliver brand repositioning, fully integrated campaigns, and content marketing strategies.
Agency Inc offers flexible working, professional development (IPA CPD Gold in 2021), and an industry leading benefits package and wellbeing programme.
Having developed a strong base of clients in recent years, and picked up some notable industry recognition and awards for the quality, creativity, and impact of our work, Agency Inc is determined to take another step forwards this year to find and train the potential agency leaders of tomorrow.