Purpose of the role:
Account Directors are highly experienced Traders who work closely with their allocated Trading and Planning Team to buy optimal campaigns for clients/agencies and deliver contracted KPIs and Audit guarantees.
They work with both Trading and Investment Directors in helping to deliver departmental objectives, grow billings and deliver business opportunities providing both commercial and future proofing benefits to their team and the agency as a whole.
They take a strong role in guiding and developing more juniors, are responsible for collaborating and sharing learning and trading expertise with the wider Activation department and are expected to contribute to Kinetic as an active member of the business.
Overview of Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities, & Duties:
• Takes the lead on the negotiation of pricing and booking campaigns to get best overall delivery for our clients with regards to price, distribution, quality, research and add value
• Ensures set and committed commercial objectives are always delivered within Activation team
• Regularly communicates and reports KPI and commercial target delivery in regular check-ins and updates (including scenario planning and highlighting challenges and issues in a timely manner)
• Finds ways to identify driving more revenue in line with commercial objectives
• Builds excellent rapport and relationships with Media Vendors and meets with regularly
• Develops effective OOH Trading solutions across portfolio of clients using Vendor inventory portfolio
• Effectively co-ordinates short-term opportunities and regularly monitors spend commitments with key Media Vendors to ensure set targets are met
• Carefully monitors value delivered to agencies
• Responsible for supporting Activators to deliver client service charters and providing highest levels of service
• Successfully identifies key stakeholders
• Seeks resolutions through influence and negotiation
• Demonstrates knowledgeable opinion on vendor news and activity and updates Activation Team and CIT Hub accordingly
• Ensures all value strategy discussions and committed trading deals are approved by CIT Hub before engaging vendors
• Oversees and supports more junior traders and Activators
• Undertakes coaching and feedback, positively motivates the wider Activation team and leads by example
• Gets involved in the wider Kinetic business, helping with training, forums, agency initiatives, business opportunities, developing others, developing tools and systems, creative ideas, internal and external events etc
We think you’d enjoy this role if you are:
• Someone who builds relationships – good networker, acts as role model, hands on when needed, strong sense of ownership, pro active with an eye on the wider picture
• Someone who is commercially strong – adaptable negotiation skills, identify new revenue opportunities and develop new business, manage profitability, good numeracy
• Someone who is a strong communicator – confident and engaging manner, persuasive, articulates ideas clearly and has good written skills, good listening skills
• Someone who is digitally and technically up to speed - good understanding and use of MS Office /Windows – Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, able to use internal technical tools – picks up new technology and systems well industry and internal knowledge, strong understanding of OOH landscape especially Media Owners, buying and trading media space
• Someone who enjoys interaction with others – offers guidance and assistance, delegates, acts as mentor, active team player, versatile, flexible and adaptable, organised and structured, can multi task
INSURANCE AND PROTECTION:
• Pension, medical, life assurance and income protection
• £250 My Growth Fund – use the fund to contribute to anything that enhances your wellbeing or towards learning a new skill (new set of weights, language course, breathing course – your choice!)
• Plus, access to a wide variety of industry recognised courses provided by internal WPP and Group M sources, external trainers and bodies such as the IPA, NABS etc
LIFE AT KINETIC:
• 25 days holiday, rising to 30 days with length of service
• Office closure between Christmas and New Year (so no need to use holiday)
• Flexible bank holiday policy – option to move national holidays for days of personal significance
• Your birthday day off
• 1 day off annually for volunteering
• Core hours of 10am- 4pm within a flexible working schedule and 4pm early finish Friday
• Opportunity to join internal networks – Green team, Team Pride, Team Roots, Team Enable, Social Committee amongst others
• Opportunity to participate in internal and external mentoring programmes
• Enhanced Family Leave Policies
• Annual Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
• Employee Assistance and Lifestyle Provider (Lifeworks)
• Long term anniversary awards
Specialist OOH media planning and buying agency
Kinetic are the UK’s #1 specialist Out Of Home (OOH) agency. We work with more of the UK’s leading brands (Tesco, Warner Bros, Coca Cola etc) and agencies than anyone else to influence valuable audiences on the
move. We are a diverse group of passionate experts, united in our devotion to one medium.
We are entering a new era for OOH, one defined by significant growth, disruption, and tech innovation. We want to be the agency that is leading the industry through this change. To deliver outcomes that are human, inspiring, and effective.
Our company values - agility, integrity, innovation, passion and focus -demonstrate how we build relationships and conduct business. Our world is changing, and we are looking for new talent to join us. People who are excited by the possibilities ahead for OOH, that share our appetite for change, that can live our values and will help us to transform our business and the wider industry.