Summary of Role
As an Account Executive your primary role is to provide full support to your team to deliver effective solutions that help to build brands and engage clients. You will focus on the accurate and timely delivery of creative work under the direction of the Account Manager and more senior members of the team, ensuring commercial success for both client and agency. You will interact with all departments whilst developing a deep understanding of our business and input thoughts to help develop our client relationships.
• Build strong working relationships with clients and A+B contacts.
• Manage the day-to-day administration of client accounts, including
building status updated, estimates and client contact notes.
• Attend client briefings and meetings, take notes and gather relevant
data to support the development of creative briefs in response;
there is a complete understanding of each project’s brief, timing plan
• Taking responsibility for sending out agendas, contact reports, status
reports, timelines and other client facing documentation.
• Act as the primary point of contact for clients and work with Account
Managers on projects and find solution to client issues.
• Responsible for managing inbound queries and helping to streamline
client experience by ensuring effective communication between A+B
• Actively involved in pitch preparation and new business proposals
when required to assist.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient and prompt delivery
of projects; work with colleagues to brief creative teams.
• Conduct analysis of campaigns and how they are landing in market.
• Contribute to team meetings brainstorming, developing and
researching background as required.
• Support the development of project work by documenting client
feedback and attending creative review meetings.
• Support the planning of agency capacity, feeding in requests to the
• Work to develop a broad understanding of the business by
performing a range of well-defined assignments.
• Gain knowledge of the full range of resources available.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to get involved and contribute to the
accounts, team and agency.
• Support project teams in pitches for new business.
• Understand how budgets for projects are set up through shadowing
the Account Manager.
• Support the Account Managers on management of budgets.
• Demonstrate an awareness of commercial profitability.
Undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by a member of the Management Team or Board.
The Account Executive is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently, in written
and verbal form, with people of different levels
• Able to work effectively under pressure and manage senior
• Natural collaborator and thrive in a team environment
• Proactive and instinctive in assisting senior team members
• A positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced
• Demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You will have the following qualities as a ‘Beyonder’:
• Natural team player and able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks
• Knowledgeable and opinionated when it matters
• Curious and creative-minded
• Motivated to help us shape our fast-paced and exciting agency
• Salary range available on request
• 25 days holiday per annum, plus eight UK bank/public holidays
• Summer hours
• Birthday Day off
• Membership of a contributory pension plan
• Annual Travel/Season Ticket interest free loan scheme
• ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
The Beyond Collective
Job Description: Account Executive
Audience age creativity for ambitious brands:
We’re living in the Age of the Audience. Audiences have taken control – shifting from passive, captive recipients, to empowered, disparate groups, more disengaged from brands than ever before.
When it’s harder than ever to get people to hear, care or do, the only way to act is audience first.
We go above and beyond to help brands grow through the power of audience-age creativity.
Above+Beyond today and tomorrow:
Above+Beyond was founded in 2012 as an independent creative start-up agency and has grown to become a Top 50 Creative Agency in the UK, working with clients including Subway, Amazon and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Since 2018, Above+Beyond has been part of The Beyond Collective - which also includes media planning and buying agency Yonder Media, and brand strategy consultancy Frontier. The three agencies work both collaboratively and independently on a diverse range of UK and international clients.
At Above+Beyond, we work by the principles of being open, collaborative and offering a second home to clients. And nothing is more important in delivering this than our people. So, whether you’re a creative, project manager, planner, account manager or new business manager, we’ve created an environment were good talent thrives and amazing careers are built.
And we’re excited about the future. Our relentless focus on understanding audiences in an ever-changing world, means we have never been more relevant to brands. That’s why we have big ambitions to grow over the next five years – all pushing towards becoming a destination creative agency for world-class clients and talent.