The Account Manager role is pivotal for the successful running of a media agency, acting as the key day-to-day contact for the client and ensuring that, as an agency, we are delivering the highest quality work for our clients. This is a varied and exciting role, requiring excellent client and project management skills, a creative media planning ability and a keen analytical eye.
The Account Manager reports directly into the Account Director, the senior contact for the client, and will also manage the time of an Account Executive who will report into them. As a leading figure in creating, enhancing and analysing media plans across their account groups, the output from a Account Manager is underpinned by clear strategic thinking and developed by working collaboratively with the client, their team and across the wider agency.
The Kite Factory have a diverse and exciting portfolio mix of challenger and purpose-led brands so you will be working with your team on not-for-profit, B2C, sport & leisure advertisers, overseeing processes and specialists across the full campaign lifecycle, all the way from briefing, planning and negotiation with media owners to the execution, delivery and reporting.
The standout candidate will have some experience of the above and be looking to develop their career, taking on more responsibility to begin making a bigger impact with clients and within an exciting and growing agency.
The successful candidate
• Has experience working in a client services at a media agency, with experience as the lead day-to-day account person on one or more clients. This could be in an Account Manager type role or as a (Senior) Account Executive role but looking to step up.
• Owns the main day to day relationship with some of their clients, confidently attending, contributing to and leading client meetings as appropriate.
• Will naturally seek to understand a client’s marketing operation, from market context to their internal workings, and develop strong relationships with all levels of a client’s marketing team
• Can demonstrate strategic, insight-led thinking with the ability to craft leading edge media plans, using clear and compelling argument excellent presentation skills to gain buy in from clients.
• Has reasonable knowledge of a breadth of media channels (both online and offline) to the level they can confidently engage channel specialists or media owners. Areas of specialisation are fine but will sit within a wider knowledge base of the roles, strengths and weaknesses of individual channels when answering a client brief.
• Looks to challenge and evolve existing ways of working to improve internal processes and take client success to the next level.
• Has experience managing others and has contributed to the training
and development of direct reports or other more junior team members.
• Confident negotiating with media owners to deliver the very best value to clients.
• Excellent organisational skills to manage client reporting and key agency admin – including keeping media plans up to date, accurate bookings and forecasting,
• Lead the charge in creating meaningful post campaign reviews that include relevant insights and key learnings for the client.
• Have a good understanding of an agency’s commercial agenda and contribute to income in areas you can affect.
Systems and Tools
We expect a high level of Excel and PowerPoint proficiency and it would be an advantage to have experience using the following tools or their equivalent:
• DDS / Meidaexplorer / Prisma
• TGI / Touchpoints (IMS) / YouGov
• AdDynamix / Ad Intel / Mediatel
• Google Analytics
• 25 days’ holiday – rising incrementally to a max. of 30 days’ after 5 years
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Contributory pension scheme
• Private health insurance
• Life assurance
• Social events
• 4pm finish on a Friday
We’re the free-thinking media agency for brands with big plans. We enhance reach, reputation and revenue by giving every client the best in heart, art and science; which means going the extra mile to understand their world and collaborating to create market-leading strategies, anchored in intelligent data.
As an independent agency, we enjoy the freedom to work with clients we love, in ways that work best for both of us. It’s about getting involved, staying informed and being invested in your success. Because great relationships drive better results.