Reporting into the Business Director, the Client Director has a wide range of responsibilities including (but not limited to) owning and developing the relationship with a variety of key clients, managing direct reports within the team alongside supporting the Business Director in day-to-day tasks, driving growth from dormant clients, and helping to deliver best in class service. The role of a Client Director requires a proactive mindset both to help develop new opportunities within the business and to pre-empt any issues which may occur alongside using initiative, experience and expertise to help keep our clients and agencies happy through gold standard client servicing
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS
• Be responsible for the day to day management of the client team to ensure they are effectively servicing clients and are proactively contributing to growing client and agency business.
• Have a thorough understanding of the strategy & objectives of your main accounts.
• Ensure you and your team are delivering on all elements of client service charters and general client servicing.
• Resolve client/campaign issues as and when they arise alongside assisting/coaching your team in resolving their issues.
• Analyse and attend all client audit meetings (in conjunction with Business Director/Head of.)
• Work with Business Director/Head of to set individual client KPIs and ensure they are met.
• Develop and manage the Talon relationship with agency, client and media owner contacts.
• Help to manage and host internal training sessions.
• Be prepared to get involved in non-account work - internal working parties, Route guru group, representatives of the company.
• Ensure you and the team are utilising in house systems on a regular basis ensuring they are kept up to date with all the latest planning information and campaign status
• Ensure all Planning templates are being used - Talon planning schematic, proposals, buying reviews/PCAs, site tour documents.
• Participate in defining the requirements to enhance systems/tools and have responsibility for testing them when requested
• Work with Business Director/Head of to provide accurate client forecasts ensuring they are kept up to date with key changes to forecasted business.
• Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Understand Talon philosophy and SBU's offerings and communicate them appropriately.
• Demonstrate proper care and respect for corporate assets.
• Train your team on the day to day requirements of their planning roles, tools and systems.
• Be responsible for first stage interview process for recruiting Client Executives and Client Managers.
• Conduct annual appraisals of Client Executives and Client Managers (in conjunction with Business Director/Head of where applicable)
• Review performance of Client Executives and Client Managers on a regular basis
WORKING HABITS AND CORE SKILLS
• Organisational planning
• People management
• Strategic capability
• Commercially aware
• Solution finding
• Industry knowledge
• Able to work as part of a team
• Enthusiast and driven
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• UK OOH planning experience and/or extensive Comms planning experience – working on clients that spend significantly in OOH
• Experience of working in data focussed roles
• First class relationship management skills with the ability to communicate across all levels both internally and externally
• Strong commercial acumen with the confidence to apply this within your work
• Ability to manage people and motivate them to bring out their full potential
Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
25 days annual leave, increasing every year by 1 day up to a maximum of 30 days
Permanent Health Insurance
Private Medical and Dental cover
Access to private GP appointments
Feel Good Allowance
Smarter Working (hybrid working, flexible working hours and an early Friday finish!)
Free Fitness Classes
Eye Care Vouchers
Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Talon was established in 2012 with the ambition to create a global Out of Home (OOH) agency providing uncompromised advice and service for our clients. Today we are a high growth independent full service OOH agency with a team of over 150 people globally.
Together we are dedicated to driving client value through a combination of teamwork, expertise, creativity, data and proprietary technology. We are agile and entrepreneurial our simple philosophy enables us to deliver outstanding work: Smarter as Standard
There's never been a more exciting time to be involved with OOH and we're excited about the next chapter.