Our UK team are responsible for creating some of the biggest, boldest, and smartest OOH campaigns and brand experiences the world has seen. As a team, they have a reputation for being the most awarded specialist in the OOH industry. That track record has led us to celebrate Cannes Lions in a host of categories and we’re very proud to have received many Grand Prix’s for our campaigns.
We’re looking for a dynamic Client Director to help drive our combined experiential, digital production, and creative solutions proposition here in the UK.
• You’re a people person. You use your well-honed skills to know exactly what is going on and you can predict and proactively manage the ever-evolving needs of your clients and your team.
• You love pitching for new business and writing creative response to briefs. You are experienced in interrogating briefs, providing strategic recommendations, writing tight creative briefs that push boundaries, and pulling together innovative pitch proposals.
• You’re a natural line manager. While you may ‘manage’ your team, you know and understand that your success and that of the team are intrinsically linked.
• You’re cool, calm and collected. You’re the person people come to for answers and leave you feeling confident and focussed.
• You’re an experienced creative media or brand experience professional - you’ve faced most challenges and you’re not phased by those you’ve yet to face. You’re ready and willing to share your fountain of knowledge with anyone who needs it.
• As well as supporting your team, you’ll lead your own projects, looping in resource to support where it is needed.
• You have excellent attention to detail
• You can confidently communicate with stakeholders of all levels and you don’t leave people wondering what’s going on. Open communication is at the heart of your working style.
• You’re happy to share ideas for new initiatives and ways of working and equally happy to hear other people’s ideas.
• You have a solid understanding of the media landscape and truly understand how OOH and Brand Experience compliments other channels
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive income for brand experience, digital production, and media solutions across our UK business and from new streams
• Working alongside the wider team to deliver best in class creative responses for our clients, helping brands turn the OOH landscape into opportunities to engage with consumers
• Build strong relationships with our existing clients and work with the team lead to map out strategic account plans to stimulate growth – guiding and assisting your team to do the same
• Develop and maintain a strong brand and agency network with regular outreach, presentations, and inspiration sessions.
• Liaise with relevant departments (e.g. Marketing, Insight, International) to maximise income opportunities and enhance the consumer experience
• Identify emerging trends, products, and partners to drive innovation
• Ensure all booking procedures are adhered to
• Ensure all sales collateral, specific information and presentations are updated in line with guidelines and industry requirements.
WORKING HABITS AND CORE SKILLS
• Proactive go-getter with a sales mentality
• Results driven
• Project management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Relationship building
• Organisational planning
• Impeccable time management and prioritisation to meet deadlines
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once with ease
• Commercially aware
• Excellent strategic thinker
• People management
• Independent decision maker
• Able to work as part of a team
• A self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Excellent proficiency across Microsoft – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrable experiential and media sales experience dealing at a national or director level with major brands and agencies, Candidates should be able to support and challenge the current status quo and provide teams with compelling and innovative opportunities.
• Ability to build on their existing network and able to open doors at the appropriate level.
• Excellent sales skills and marketing/media/events/experiential market knowledge.
• Demonstrate strong organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience working in a busy, demanding and pressurised environment.
• Driven and self-motivated to deliver results.
• Flexibility and willingness to embrace change and new opportunities
• Full understanding of Talon’s philosophy and specialist business unit’s offerings and their benefits vs our competitors
Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
25 days annual leave, increasing every year by 1 day up to a maximum of 30 days
Permanent Health Insurance
Private Medical and Dental cover
Access to private GP appointments
Feel Good Allowance
Smarter Working (hybrid working, flexible working hours and an early Friday finish!)
Free Fitness Classes
Eye Care Vouchers
Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Talon was established in 2012 with the ambition to create a global Out of Home (OOH) agency providing uncompromised advice and service for our clients. Today we are a high growth independent full service OOH agency with a team of over 150 people globally.
Together we are dedicated to driving client value through a combination of teamwork, expertise, creativity, data and proprietary technology. We are agile and entrepreneurial our simple philosophy enables us to deliver outstanding work: Smarter as Standard
There's never been a more exciting time to be involved with OOH and we're excited about the next chapter.