The IT Support Executive provides 1st/2nd line support to internal IPA staff, as well as external parties (for example as part of room hire arrangements). Support areas include computers, smartphones, telephony and audio/visual equipment. In addition to user support, the IT Executive will be expected to carry out project and infrastructure work as required, as well as basic training/inductions of new users.
The role is expected to comprise of 80% support / 20% project work.
- Provide 1st / 2nd line IT support to IPA staff.
- Proactively support delegates and presenters during IPA / external events (AV).
- Identify IT training requirements.
- Create / maintain documentation.
- Create knowledge base articles.
- Carry out project / infrastructure work as requested by the Head of IT.
- Contribute to IT discussions around projects and research business solutions.
- Actively maintain an interest in business IT offerings and research latest technologies.
- Friendly, positive, naturally helpful
- Calm under pressure
- Keen to learn new skills
- Initiative-led, problem solver
- Team player / collaborative thinker
- Flexible / adaptable
- Confident communicator (Written / Verbal)
- Manages own time / prioritises own work
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 2016
- Apple OSX / iOS
- Microsoft Office 365, Teams
- Zoom admin portal
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- Basic Networking (IP addressing/routing)
- Basic Security (Anti-Virus, Firewalls)
- System Imaging (WDS, WSUS)
- Managing adobe creative cloud
- Audio Visual Support
- Telephone system administration
- Printer installation and configuration
- DHCP / DNS / Group Policy
- VMware Administration
- Advanced Networking (VLANs, ACLs, CLI)
- Advanced Security (Encryption / DLP)
- Firewall Administration
- SQL Administration / IIS Administration
- Alcatel-Lucent telephone administration
- On the job training and mentoring will be provided. All other training by separate agreement.
Full job description also attached.
The IPA is widely recognised as the world’s most influential professional institute for practitioners in advertising and marketing communications. It has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development, as well as for providing core support and advisory services for our members.