Due to growth in our core business, as well as some new exciting opportunities, we are looking to recruit a Junior Artworker to work within out artwork team.
You will work on a variety of projects, primarily print based, ensuring that all creative work is adapted and fit for print. You will ensure consistency and quality are maintained throughout all jobs, ensuring our client’s brand guidelines are protected. You will also use your skills and detail focus to create maps, floorplans, siteplans, plot locators and other key assets for our clients as well as laying out marketing materials based on pre-existing work.
To be a successful Junior Artworker, you will be highly detailed orientated and enjoy the responsibility of being the final point of contact before sending creative to print. Ideally you will have working knowledge of Adobe InDesign as well as good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop having worked in a similar capacity for at least a year. You will benefit by learning from a team of highly experienced designers / artworkers in a supportive and energetic environment.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive starting salary, company pension scheme, 20 days holiday + bank holidays, additional day off on your birthday, Perkbox employee benefit scheme and, once comfortable in the role, the opportunity to work from home on selected days. On top of all that we are located just off junction 8 of the M25 and near the Reigate train station, so you also won’t have to travel into London to work!
· Follow existing artworking processes/best practices to minimise errors
· Take briefs from client services team for client amends/additions
· Assist in checking printer’s wet proofs, GMG digital proofs and/or soft proofs
· Assist in creating/updating assets from approved designs
· Assist in managing assets/libraries for the agency
· Maintaining file/folder structure for all jobs
· Maintaining high standards and ensuring only the best work is released to the client/printer
· Collaborating across the agency to improve standards and maintain consistency
· University or College qualification from an art/graphic related course desirable in order to understand basic principles of typography, colour and layout
· Experience within an office or creative environment
· Understanding and/or experience of print and finishing processes would be beneficial
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Adobe CS skills for print and digital (Indesign/Acrobat/Illustrator/Photoshop)
· Demonstrable ability to learn on the job
· Attention to detail orientated and able to spot minor discrepancies
· Not afraid to ask questions
· Once settled, able to work on multiple jobs during any given day and able to switch quickly if a job is deemed more urgent
· Quickly determine if further information is required to complete any particular job and advise client services team
· Able to listen and absorb information
· Be naturally inquisitive and eager to learn
· Keen on the technical side of the whole creative process
· Ability to focus on a job in a typically busy and sometimes lively studio environment until job is complete, ensuring all tasks are finished and checked
· Ask for help if assistance is required and to be able to assist others in the same way
· Willingness to self-learn during periods of inactivity
· Will work on a job until it is completed in order to meet client deadlines which may occasionally require work outside the standard working hours
The successful candidate will be expected to work in Reigate for at least 3 days a week, but most likely 4 or 5 until they are assured in their position. It is therefore essential that you are able to commute to Reigate form your current location and have considered the costs in doing so before applying.
Applicants based a distance not sensibly commutable to Reigate will not be considered unless you detail how you will be able to travel to the office. Please don't say "I intend to relocate" without providing further meaning.
Due to the volume of anticipated applications, we will only be able to contact those successful at this stage. Thank you for your understanding on this.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 D.O.E
Hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday. Working from home may be possible 1 or 2 days a week once settled and confident in role
Reporting to: Head of Artwork
We are unable to sponsor candidates without a right to work in the UK
No recruiters please.
20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
IPA training programme
Your Birthday off
Employee benefits scheme