We’re all about giving our clients the confidence to challenge. This comes from our creative & research system, which helps us validate bigger insights and bolder ideas for bravely effective results. These results are helping us grow our clients, scoop some pretty cool industry accolades, and continue our growth trajectory. But our real secret sauce? Our Guys. We recruit diverse personalities, invite challenge, have each other’s backs, and invest in giving each of them the confidence to smash their potential.
We’re looking for a Planner to work on our exciting portfolio of premium and ambitious brands, from food and drink to broadband and beauty – helping to unlock original thinking, bold insights and truly brave effectiveness. Working closely with the Planning Director, you’ll support and shape strategy across brand, comms, digital and innovation, and help implement our in-house research offering.
This is a great opportunity for a confident and ambitious strategist to learn and grow, with lots of exposure to senior partners and clients in a fast-paced agency environment.
What we’re looking for
Expertise & attitude:
• A strategic & creative thinker who can recognise compelling insights and understand how they can inspire brave ideas through from briefing to delivery
• An entrepreneurial spirit who can work independently to form opinions and recommendations with clear rationales
• A methodical researcher, comfortable working with a range of primary/secondary and quantitative/qualitative research techniques to unearth killer insights
• A compelling storyteller who can use research and planning to help define springy propositions, brave creative briefs and bullet-proof brand strategies
• A confident facilitator who nurtures collaboration and strives for the highest quality inputs & outputs across focus groups, workshops and briefings
• A confident presenter who can compile documents and debriefs with laser focus, and present with flair
• An agile worker, able to embrace our agency focus of ‘just enough’ research including staying in beta for longer, continually push for ways to test & optimise, and quickly pivot when research tells us to
• An understanding of commercial impact, always building evaluation & effectiveness into strategies and exploring ways to add value, both internally & externally
• An inquisitive worker, with a finger on the pulse of culture, trends and the industry, and continually searching for new tools & techniques to enhance the agency’s offering
• A positive collaborator who can head up the day-to-day strategic conversation across key accounts
• A team player who can work with a small team to get results – as an independent agency, there’s no room for ego.
Skills & experience:
A solid foundation with at least 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant role.
…Although we’re far more interested in the person than the CV – someone who doesn’t follow a strict job description and is excited by what we’re doing as a challenger agency.
Salary from £30K, depending on experience.
We challenge ourselves to attract and grow great people, as well as great clients. So that means offering things like:
• Great professional development: a coaching programme and generous training budgets to support your career pathway
• Great holidays: with an extra day’s holiday for every year you’re with us
• Great benefits: private healthcare and perks through Vitality
• Great fun: of course we have an agency bar, but also a coffee shop, all in the heart of Edinburgh city centre. And visits from family, friends & dogs are positively encouraged.
We are a challenger creative & research agency based in the heart of Edinburgh, who give clients the confidence to challenge for bravely effective results.
Have a peek at www.guyco.co.uk