We are looking for a UX Architect / Designer to join our small agency team of strategists, project managers, designers, creatives and developers working on a range of primarily web-based projects that require increasingly higher levels of UX research, design and testing.
You will take an insight and evidence-based approach to lead on the planning and design of the online user experience incorporating; process and user journeys, information architecture, interaction design, content strategy, prototyping and testing.
Passionate about effective, accessible and usable design, and fascinated by how people interact with online environments, you’ll collaborate with visual designers and developers to ensure the needs of the user are carried through each stage of the job from IA, through visual design and into production.
Responsibilities and duties
• Working with clients to define objectives for website design and content
• Translating business/campaign/organisational requirements into positive user experiences and behaviours
• Analysing and auditing existing websites and digital assets for content, structure and functionality
• Conducting research, workshops and analytics reviews to understand user experience, behaviours and expectations and to develop insights and evidence that support recommendations, decisions and improvements
• Developing user personas, customer journey maps, and task flows
• Planning and designing information architecture relating to structure, hierarchies and navigation
• Producing wireframes, prototypes and interactive designs for testing and presenting to clients.
• Conduct/support user testing and feedback on prototypes
Effectively communicate ideas, recommendations and decisions to both internal and client team members
• Collaborate with designers to ensure clients brand is successfully incorporated online
• Support designers and developers to ensure the desired user experiences and UX principles are adhered to throughout the process
• Keeping abreast of UX industry trends, methodologies, technology and tools and applying new learning and best practice to your work
3% pension increase to 5% after 2 years service
4 x salary life assurance
Private Medical Insurance
Flexible working and hybrid home/office working
25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 4 years service
Bonus dependent upon company performance
Digitally centred – strategically focused
The Gate is a small, digitally-led, strategic communications agency. We have been helping clients achieve their objectives through award-winning and effective communications for over 30 years. Throughout this time, we’ve remained at the forefront of digital development, with our focus on achieving client goals through optimising their audiences’ online experience.
We are an MSQ agency with UK offices in Edinburgh and London