View full details of the shortlisted case studies
The shortlist includes entries from five countries, four not-for-profit case studies, and three multi-market campaigns, while 10 are joint entries. The most represented sector is Food and Drink with 10 case studies, followed by Retail with four.
adam&eveDDB are the most shortlisted individual agency with four nominations, followed by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Manning Gottlieb OMD, McCann Manchester, Mother, UM Manchester and VCCP who are all shortlisted twice.
This year’s IPA Effectiveness Awards feature new special prizes for cases that demonstrate their wider positive impact and ability to drive behavioural change and new Global Market, Regional Market, Single Market and Not-For-Profit categories.
Commenting on the shortlist, Harjot Singh, Convenor of Judges for the 2022 IPA Effectiveness Awards and Global Chief Strategy Officer at McCann said: "Congratulations to everyone that has made the 2022 IPA Effectiveness Awards shortlist. Our Global Industry, Technical and Client judging panels have all been incredibly impressed with the breadth and quality of entries across the board and in particularly the innovative ways in which brands and agencies from all over the world responded to the challenges of the pandemic.
The IPA Effectiveness Awards represent the best of the best globally, and in order to make the shortlist, every action must clearly demonstrate its impact as it relates to contributing and delivering value and driving measurable results for the client.
"These case studies will provide invaluable learning for our industry and form the backbone of future research into marketing best practice for years to come through the IPA Effectiveness Databank and EffWorks. Congratulations again to everyone on this year’s shortlist."
View full details of the shortlisted case studies, their creative and a short summary of the campaign. The winners of the IPA Effectiveness Awards 2022 will be announced at a black-tie gala ceremony at the Hilton Park Lane on Monday 10 October, marking the start of EffWorks Global 2022.
Tickets for the IPA Effectiveness Awards ceremony cost £325 for IPA members and £400 for non-members.
The IPA Effectiveness Awards are sponsored by Google, System1, Thinkbox, The B2B Institute at LinkedIn and WARC.
Global Market Entries:
- Baileys, Diageo by Craig and Bridget and Mother - The pleasure dividend
- Census 2021, Office for National Statistics by M&C Saatchi and Manning Gottlieb OMD - The Power of Us; Involving Everyone in Census 2021
- Médecins Sans Frontières UK by M.i. Media - How smart media investment delivered transformative change for MSF
- Sandy Hook Promise by BBDO NY - Back-to-School Essentials
- SickKids Foundation by Cossette - Delivering Transformational Growth. SickKids VS The Greatest Challenges in Child Health
Regional Market Entries:
- Aldi UK by McCann Manchester and UM Manchester - Kevin versus John - How a humble carrot usurped a national treasure to win the UK’s Christmas Ad crown
- Pergraphica, Mondi by True - From pushing paper to pulling on heartstrings
Single Market Entries:
- Barclays by Bartle Bogle Hegarty - Purpose Pays: The Next Chapter
- Boursin, Bel by Spark Foundry - From the Christmas Cheeseboard to the Summer Picnic Blanket
- Cadbury, Mondelez by VCCP - Cadbury - “There’s a glass & a half in everyone” How intrinsic purpose can transform a brand’s fortunes
- Cazoo by Engine and Cazoo - Cazoo - The art of instilling confidence
- Cherries from Chile, ASOEX A.G. (Chilean Fresh Fruit Exporters Association) by ASOEX - Enjoying the Red Moment in China with Chilean Cherries
- Dove, Unilever by Ogilvy UK - Taking on taking selfies. How Dove continues to deliver business value through social impact
- Domino's by VCCP - The hills are alive with the sound of pizza
- eve Sleep by Creature - 5 rules for scale up effectiveness
- Hargreaves Lansdown by McCann Demand - Robbing the bank – Turning the nation’s savers into investors
- ITV and VegPower by adam&eveDDB - Eat Them to Defeat Them by ITV and VegPower: How a big, silly idea solved a big, serious problem
- KFC, Yum! Brands by Mother and Mindshare - KFC: ‘The Right Way’ to rebuild a brand
- Lamb, Meat & Livestock Australia by The Monkeys Australia - How ‘Make Lamb, Not Walls’ made history for MLA
- Long Live The Local, British Beer and Pub Association by Havas London and Havas Media - How the many changed the mind of an audience of one
- McDonald's by Leo Burnett London and OMD UK - How We Got Customers Lovin' It And Kept Them Lovin' It, No Matter What.
- McDonald's by Wieden + Kennedy New York - Famous Orders – How McDonald’s created a new generation of fans
- Rugby League World Cup 2021 by McCann Manchester and UM Manchester - RLWC2021: How togetherness sold tickets in lockdown Britain
- Schmackos, Mars Petcare by adam&eveDDB - Sales Go Wacko For Schmackos
- Tesco by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and MediaCom - From serving shoppers to serving the nation
- Vodafone by Grey London - Curated inconsistency: how being inconsistent helped Vodafone Ireland reboot its broadband business
- Volkswagen by adam&eveDDB and PHD Media - Fuelling the future: How advertising helped fund the re-engineering of Volkswagen
- Waitrose & Partners by adam&eveDDB and Manning Gottlieb OMD - Making Purpose Taste Good
Secure your place at the 2022 IPA Effectiveness Awards and EffWorks Global in October.